A dream of darkness

A dream of darkness

A Chapter by Sarah

Part 1:

 

"CATCH HER" The woman yelled at her guards, I ran down the bright corridor of the castle. My heart was pounding so hard it felt like my head would explode. I was coming up to the dark oak door of my father's study; maybe I would be safer in there. As I opened the door something caught my eye. It was a corps. It was Lidia; she had been my only friend, now she was dead. I could just see, from the line of light in the Curtin, she had four holes in her neck with only a slight trickle of blood coming from it. My father glared at me from across the room until the door opened.

"I have failed you my lord" the woman said from behind me it was my step mother, my father thought she was so kind.

“No my dear you have not, we have her exactly were we want her" he said with a slight bit of anger. Then she grabbed my arms. I couldn’t move. It hurt so much it was like someone was snapping my wrists. I was going to die.

 

I was trapped. My father’s eyes were glowing a bloody red. Then I saw it, the glimpse of fangs. My father was a vampire.

Then it finally clicked.

"It was you, you killed mother. That’s why you weren't upset when she died." All these years I thought I had imaged what I saw that night. But it was all true.

He smiled at me showing all his teeth.

"Yes my dear it was me. I was wondering when you would finally see the truth."

My chest tightened remembering that night. My mother was murdered. It happened 12 years ago, I was only 4.

I had a pain in my chest telling me I should run. But escape was impossible. My step-mothers grip on my wrist was too tight.

"Please don't kill me." I begged. He just laughed. It was horrible and sent chills up my spine.

"My dear child, you are much too valuable to kill. In fact I have something completely different planed for you." He raised a cold, pale hand and traced his finger down my left cheek finishing at the nape of my neck. I was so terrified I was shaking. My eyes were burning from holding the tears back.

My step-mother realised one wrist but quickly grabbed it with the other. With her spare hand she tilted my head to the side and held it there tightly. I struggled as much as I could, I didn't want this.

"Struggle all you want," she whispered in my ear, "It will only hurt more."

My father bit down on my neck hard sinking his fangs deep in me. I let out a small squeal of pain but my father’s guard, Francis, held his hand firmly over my mouth.

Everything went black.

 

*****

 

When I awoke my head was spinning, I decided it would be wise to remain still for a few moments until I gathered my bearings. When my head stopped spinning I realised I was I the same place as I was before, my father’s study. I carefully rose to my feet but my legs became week and jelly like and were threatening to collapse under me. I could hear the faint talking of my step mother coming from outside the door.

“Do you think she’ll be alright………”

“But she’s been out for hours and-”

“Listen!” my father’s deep voice cut her off. “She’ll be fine and we don’t really need her any way.”

“I’m sorry, it’s just…”

“I know you’re tired. Go and get some rest.”

“Thank you my lord.”

I threw myself on the floor again. The door handle creaked as my father stepped in the room, I could hear my father’s heavy footsteps moving closer to me.

“I know you’re awake so you may as well move” he said sharply. I slowly began to sit up pushing  

 

 



© 2012 Sarah


Author's Note

Sarah
Please revew.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

ooooo, so, scary. Because you dreamt this. really interesting though:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


'Everything went black' so ominous. A great end to either the chapter or story, whichever it ends up being. A nice plot, a good introduction if it is going to be a book. Your grammar however needs some work. "My father glared at me from across the room then until door open." This line didn't make sense to me and so the next five lines became a bit confusing. I think also, some more elaborate description might be good. Like what the step-mother's grip feels like, or something like that.
Anyway, nice story, great beginning if there's going to be more. Either way, great ending, really ominous.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 18, 2012
Last Updated on May 9, 2012


Author

Sarah
Sarah

United Kingdom



About
I am english and am 16 years old. I was born on 13th march. I live in washington in england. I write poems, short stories. books I like: Morganville vampires Fallen twilight harry potter. Fr.. more..

Writing
Darkness Darkness

A Poem by Sarah


The curse The curse

A Poem by Sarah


Little Darling Little Darling

A Poem by Sarah