I Forgot How To Speak

I Forgot How To Speak

A Poem by p.kuhl
"

so I write instead

"
As I toss my cigarette, I look down at the accident on the page in front of me. A mess of letters, scribbles, numbers, and symbols lay before me, and I can't help but smile as I dot my last "i." There is something so satisfying about completeing a thought, even one as chaotic as my own. It doesn't rhyme, it doesn't speak, it doesn't make any decisions; it only yearns to be read. The penstrokes mimic an artform lost long ago, but they speak in ways no man ever could. Like a field of wheat, the words move as they stand still. If only I could say it out loud, then maybe you could hear how my heart feels, maybe you could see my soul. Maybe, you could save me from myself.

© 2011 p.kuhl


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Like a field of wheat, the words move as they stand still" I absolutely love that line, it's quite beautiful, like the rest.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
1 Review
Added on December 13, 2011
Last Updated on December 24, 2011

Author

p.kuhl
p.kuhl

Bloomington, IN



About
My name is Pierce, and I am a 23 year old English major at Indiana University. "How easily I connect to you. You're always everything at once, somehow. You're shy and open, sweet and cold, curious .. more..

Writing
Heidi and I Heidi and I

A Poem by p.kuhl