You Had Me At Hello

You Had Me At Hello

A Poem by chloe cruz
"

This isn't a poem, or a story. This is the truth, this is my heart. This is about Eric. The love of my life. This is a proclamation to him.

"
            This isn’t a poem, this isn’t a story. It’s nowhere near fiction, only the absolute truth. This isn’t about someone whom I could live without. This is about him. This is about Eric.

 

            It might be too late to tell you this, you might already know everything I’m about to say. But, I’m going to try to express my love through words, do what I should have done, what I wanted to do, in the beginning. Eric, I’m sorry if you get upset with me for showing this to the world. I doubt you will, but, I can never be too sure.

 

            I love you.

 

            I go to sleep every night, thanking God (yes, the very entity I have said I don’t believe exists. But, with you in this world, I believe he might, after all). I thank him for putting you on this Earth, a light in this seemingly never-ending darkness, every perfection combined into one completely perfect form. I don’t know what I would do without you in my life, you’re my world. If I were to, I would lose myself as well. I would die inside. Living death.

 

            I’ve broken too many hearts in the past and have had my own broken a fair share amount of times and I know yours has, too. But, I promise that I’ll never let go of your heart and let it shatter. No matter what, whether you want this to be the case or not, you have my heart. You always will. I hope you won’t break it, because it won’t matter if it’s whole or not. I’ll still love you with every last piece.

 

            These past months have been the most amazing to ever occur to me. I already know you’re the love of my life. You’re the one. I love you with every single bit of myself and my heart. I always will, I always have. I already wish to marry you, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, through the good and the bad, whatever happens, we’ll make it. I swear on it. I don’t care about the distance; all I care about is you. I’ll wait eternity for you.

 

           I love you.

 

            You had me at hello.

© 2011 chloe cruz


Author's Note

chloe cruz
I have fallen.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh, Chloe. This is beyond amazing, I tell you. "Truthfully romantic"...that feels like an understatement, hehe...
Honestly, I tell you, I'm so happy for you. The love you have for this guy is pretty intense (if I go by what you've written). It was like a never-ending flow when I started reading this. Everything was straight to the point, no loops, no heavy words or anything. Just plain..."love".
I loved it! (i can say this a 1000 times more, haha) And Chris will too, no doubt.
*w00t*
Awesome!! Keep it up!!
- Siya

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very touching, very emotional. This may be nonfiction, but you managed to weave it into a sweet, beautiful tale. Well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I loved it. I think It would be pretty hard for someome to review this poem badly. It is beautiful. I love the expression " You had me at Hello." Great Job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Awww that's really sweet! I really loved it, and it would take an idiot not to see that this love is true Good luck, you two! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh, Chloe. This is beyond amazing, I tell you. "Truthfully romantic"...that feels like an understatement, hehe...
Honestly, I tell you, I'm so happy for you. The love you have for this guy is pretty intense (if I go by what you've written). It was like a never-ending flow when I started reading this. Everything was straight to the point, no loops, no heavy words or anything. Just plain..."love".
I loved it! (i can say this a 1000 times more, haha) And Chris will too, no doubt.
*w00t*
Awesome!! Keep it up!!
- Siya

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

746 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 26, 2009
Last Updated on October 22, 2011
Tags: hello, love, soulmates, perfection, romance, true love, heart, heartbreak

Author

chloe cruz
chloe cruz

Portland, OR



About
i'm a really ordinary person, besides a few quirks. talk to me or whatever; i dig ravioli, cult films, errthang stephen king, neat glasses, and people. lez talk. c: more..

Writing
aching aching

A Poem by chloe cruz