The Voice

The Voice

A Poem by Poetic Beauty

As I walk slowly in the door.
I hear that mind-blowing voice,
That always rocks me to the core.

It gives me chills down my spine.
Locked in a hypnotic trance,
This voice is oh, so divine.

The flashing lights give off a mystical glow.
The thrashing guitar accompanies it now,
Making the energy increase and grow.

I look at your completely amazing face.
The voice never faltering, never failing.
My heart rate begins to pick up pace.

As I walk slowly in the door.
I hear that mind-blowing voice,
That always rocks me to the core.

Energy floods the whole place
I feel so alive, so entirely great
I can't stop staring at your face

As I walk up closer to the stage,
I feel the vibration all around.
I no longer feel bound in a cage.

I feel freedom and energy all around.
People dancing and cheering in here.
But to me your voice, the only sound.

As I walk slowly in the door.
I hear that mind-blowing voice,
That always rocks me to the core.

© 2010 Poetic Beauty


Author's Note

Poetic Beauty
I wrote this after going to see a local band. I hope you like this one.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews



.................................. I know just where you are coming from .. sounds good to me .. rock on PB :)

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Poetic Beauty

2 Years Ago

Ahh this is an old one. Me and Beasty use to go see this local band play almost every weekend. Oh th.. read more
Rock on! Amazing how live music inspires us. Love how you made the separation of yourself from the crowd and locked in on your singer. Been there, bought the concert T-shirt!

Posted 14 Years Ago


The inspiration behind this must of been interesting.........I wonder what song from the band did this for you.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is awesome, pardon the pun but it rocks... I too have those certain singers that just hit to the core with there voice making me feel the music deeply so I can relate... a very fun piece to read, great flow.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great piece. Excellent description. Good job

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You definitely captured the musical aspects with this poem in both content and form. The repeating chorus fit the poem well and wasn't out of place, it continued to relate throughout the poem. The stanzas weren't completely enthralling but they were okay. I think it has real potential but I wouldn't say this is one of your best. Although it could just be that I'm in essay mode and taking a break from that to read poetry... not always best. I really do like the chorus though, it's my favorite part.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Music is one of the most amazing forms of expression in the world, and writing poetry about music is that much better! Nicely done...you stuck to the form, which wasn't an easy one.

My only suggestion would be maybe to evaluate certain words in the piece and see if maybe you can spice up the language a little. For instance, the line "I look at your completely amazing face" is one that you might want to consdier...is there another way to say "completely amazing", maybe "devastating" or "electrifying" If you go through the piece and make a few wording changes, I think you could punch up the feeling a little and make the poem even more hard hitting. Overall, quite nice.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Music is what make life better. A outstanding poem. Description and story was very good. Your story took me to the music. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


a very cool piece ...nice rhyme in this and flow ..overall a very amazing write..nice work!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice it should be a band song.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

410 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 26, 2010
Last Updated on March 19, 2010

Author

Poetic Beauty
Poetic Beauty

corn country, IL



About
First off I'm on here to post my writing to have an outlet for my emotions. You will find a variety of poems. If you like take a moment and stroll through this poets mind. Secondly be kind to each .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic