My Favorite Smile

My Favorite Smile

A Poem by Marvin Lewis Jr.
"

A poem for my mom

"

 My favorite smile


I’ve written this for my oldest friend...

Whom I knew nine months before I met another human,

you see she would eat twice as much just so my body could receive nourishment her heartbeat was my music.

There exist not an argument that can cause our bond to loosen,

my wife will be picked based upon her spirit’s blueprint this woman who wears integrity, strength, and promise like a fragrance.

For every star that can be seen in a clear midnight sky she has one dormant gift,

I stand here overwhelmed with anticipation for the simple reason that God is going to cause everything dormant to flourish unlike roses but oak trees and sequoias.

Her love will change the world as she teaches young girls what it is to be virtuous women,

after looking into her eyes a orphan will be able to fathom the word mother and feel all the love God had for them from day one in one hug from her,

for she is truly something special.

A diamond currently under pressure but the longer she endures the more beautiful she will become,

for the night will not last that long and everything she’s ever wanted will be found as she shines bright enough to erase the footprints of the sun,

soars high enough to look into clouds I will applaud for her because she deserves this it is her purpose...

She is the woman that owns my favorite smile!      

© 2009 Marvin Lewis Jr.


Author's Note

Marvin Lewis Jr.
I love my mom verrrrrrrryyyyyy much!!!!!!!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is one of the most beautiful tribute that I have every read. You truly are a gifted young brother. I love your work. And I agree fully with Lyrical Love's words......"you know the character of a man by his words for God and his Mother" Your poetry tells a lot about the kind of man that you are. Your Mother must be so proud!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

AWE... This piece is a very touching tribute to your mom.
You are very passionate, i can tell : )

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is truly beautiful; you definetely have talent and I can tell you really love your mom. I hope you showed this to her; this would mean a lot.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is one of the most beautiful tribute that I have every read. You truly are a gifted young brother. I love your work. And I agree fully with Lyrical Love's words......"you know the character of a man by his words for God and his Mother" Your poetry tells a lot about the kind of man that you are. Your Mother must be so proud!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

An another excellent write great topic
My wish would be that everybody could have that type or relationships with their mothers that is a true blessing indeed much sweeter than the nightmare some have had with their parents or Parent.
I enjoyed reading the lines and seeing the love for your mother and that she has such influence on you.
Really makes think of a perfect Honor thy Father and thy mother very excellent write my friend!!!

Blessings
Lasla

Posted 14 Years Ago


this was a great poem, and you really describes how much you love her, and thats so nice.
good job!

//Akina

Posted 14 Years Ago


That was an amazing poem, I am adding it to my favorites, I don't know if u consider yourself a 'momma's boy' or not but from reading this I would have to say that you surely are..and some men think it is a bad thing to be labeled this but I think it is genuinely sweet, because you will learn a lot from your mother and want to treat that special women in ur life with full respect.

Anyways back to your poem, my favorite part was "her heartbeat was my music," there is a very special bond that a mother holds with her child, one like any other...I adored your writing and your play on words...it was refreshing and made me think of my love for my own mother..very lovely poem...

Well From One Word-Play Poet To The Next...Always Remember To Write With Your Heart!

Posted 14 Years Ago


aww, this is very beautiful.
I Loved it! Reminds me of my mom and me and y=our relationship.
Great JOB:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


My Grandmother used to say,
that you know the character of a man by his words for God and his Mother!
This poem is telling of both.

"I've written this for my oldest friend...
Whom I knew nine months before I met another human,
you see she would eat twice as much just so my body could receive nourishment her heartbeat was my music." ...The warmth of this opening gave me chills.

"A diamond currently under pressure but the longer she endures the more beautiful she will become," is so powerfully described.
This poem clearly explains the multifaceted jewels in our lives...
our Mothers.


Posted 14 Years Ago


Awe This is beautiful and sincere like this Marvin.


Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

836 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 10, 2009
Last Updated on May 10, 2009

Author

Marvin Lewis Jr.
Marvin Lewis Jr.

Trenton, NJ



About
I'm 19 y.o. and I write lyrics, prose, poetry, and treatments. I'm currently self-publishing my first book entitled "The Language Of My Imagination" which consist of poetry and prose that touch on suc.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


New Love New Love

A Poem by Flow~