Me And Mrs. Jones

Me And Mrs. Jones

A Chapter by Clarisse Nanoit
"

Idk where this came from. Enjoy or don't. Let me know what you think!

"

I sit down on the bleachers and stare out into the sun. I practice not squinting, but it hurts, and my eyes water until I have to close them. No one’s here but me. I have to keep telling myself that. I pull the joint of my hoodie pocket and light it. I was going to throw it away when I got here, but something changed my thinking… or maybe I knew what I would do from the moment the idea of coming here popped into my head.

 

For some reason, I don’t really give a f**k if someone sees me. I shake my hair out of my eyes and take an awe-inspiring hit. I am floating in my own little pink bubble. I guess I got this illusion from the time my teacher tried to make my English class do relaxation exercises. I loved it. Everyone else thought it was gay.

 

All of a sudden, I hear the crunch of footsteps under the bleachers. Damn it. I knew someone was here. There’s nothing more sobering than thinking you’re about to be caught, but I made sure not to forget that I don’t care. I take two more hits. "You know, you could get expelled for that," her voice travels up to me.

 

It’s a girl. She’s pretty, but plain. She comes around the side of the bleachers. "You know, you could be expelled for being here with me," I quip back.

 

"Well, that’s part of the injustice of our justice system." She climbs up to the level I am sitting on, and she sits down about two feet from me.

 

"What class are you skipping?" It feels too weird not to talk.

 

"I’m not." I wonder what the hell she wants.

 

"You don’t have a first period?"

 

"Well, first block is my planning period." Oh, s**t.

 

My eyes widen and I for real forget that I don’t care.

 

"It’s alright. I’m not going to turn you in." Well, this is definitely strange. I relax a little and just hold the joint in my fingers.

 

Now that I know she’s a teacher, I can see the maturity of her face. She has crows’ feet and wrinkles on her forehead, but she’s so petite. I don’t know how old she is, but she must have aged well, or I wouldn’t have mistaken her for a high school student.

 

"Is this a special occasion or are you normally this stingy?" she asks and scoots closer to me. We are less than a foot apart.

 

Is this stuff extra potent or did a teacher just ask for a hit? I figure it must be the latter because she reaches out her hand for the joint. Or is she just asking for my hand? Why would she want my hand? I take another hit and hand it to her. Everything is cloudy, and her voice reaches into my soul and echoes out for the world to hear.

 

"Who did you get this from?"

 

Huh? What did she just say? Her words drift, at their own pace, toward my head and individually squeeze through my ear canals and crash against my brain. Who. Did. You. Get. This. From? "I thought you said I wasn’t in trouble."

 

"I just don’t smoke anything unless I know where came from."

 

I don’t really know what she just said, but I do know that what she said makes it okay to tell her from whom I got it. "My brother grows it." She’s very beautiful. She has a cute way of curving out her lips when she takes a hit. I take the joint back and take another hit. I offer it back to her, and when she refuses, I throw it to the ground.

 

For some reason, I feel the moment is right. I lean in to kiss this mystery teacher, and to my surprise, she hesitates. But not for long. And so begins my affair with Mrs. Jones.



© 2009 Clarisse Nanoit


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jab
Write. More. Please.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Like it

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

you should make this into a book, its really good, i'd love to read more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the picture for the chapter...as for the other one...idk...it's interesting.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OMG! I LOVE IT! I F*****G LOVE IT!!!

I NEED MOREEEEEEEEEEEE!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

...*stares wide eyed*

you are forbidden to leave me in the dirt with that. you are going to clue me in on what they do next.

and the idea is odd, but in a good way. i like this teacher.

BUT KEEP GOING! please? s'il vous plait?

and heres what i noticed:
It's a girl. She's pretty, but plain. She comes around the side of the bleachers. "You know, you could be expelled for being here with me."[clarify who is speaking at the end. indent at least]

She climbs up to the level I am sitting on [comma]

She has crows' feet and wrinkles on her
forehead, but she's so petite and I don't know how old she is, but she must have aged well, or I wouldn't have mistaken her for a high school student.,]and sits down about two feet from me. [break it down.]

it's not much. *shrugs* unlike mine you just edited!

-kristin

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hell yes. There were never any teachers I would have had an affair with... although there was one my mom had a crush on. Ew. I like this. Although I have a different view on the ok to smoke joints and the ok being at school even less, if that makes sense. But this is very imaginative and well written. Good job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

345 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 24, 2008
Last Updated on January 24, 2009


Author

Clarisse Nanoit
Clarisse Nanoit

GA



About
By clicking on the link above, you can play a vocabulary game, and for every question you get right, sponsoring businesses donate enough money for 100 grains of rice to feed hungry people across the.. more..

Writing