Dear Sally

Dear Sally

A Stage Play by Kristine

 

[Sitting at desk]
November 18, 2000
 
            Dear Diary,
                        My name is Jill. We are starting a diary project and you are going to be my diary for all my important secrets and stories of the 3rd grade. I’m naming you Sally.
[Walks off stage right]
 
 
[Lying on the floor kicking feet]
November 19, 2000
            Dear Sally,
                        Today was another long day at school with Mrs. Bumly. Every Tuesday we go to art class and today we were drawing self-pictures. Joey told me my picture came out looking like a pig and I got mad at him so I threw paint in his face and Mrs. Bumly yelled at me and I had to sit in the corner. After art was science and we were learning about the solar system. I learned that we have 9 planets and Pluto isn’t the same Pluto as Mickey’s dog. Don’t worry. I thought that too. Later on during recess it was raining so we had to stay inside. Me and my friend Morgan did arts and crafts and she dared me to eat paste. It was so good, that I ate the whole cup! But then I threw up. But Sally, you gotta keep that a secret ‘cause Mrs. Bumly doesn’t know! Well that’s all my news for today. Bye Sally.
[Walks off stage left]
 
 
[Lying down on couch]
November 20th 2000
            Dear Sally,
                        Today, Joey was picking on me again and I told my mommy when I got home and she said when boys pick on girls, its ‘cause they like ‘em. Blech! Boys are gross!
[Walks off stage left]
 
 
[Sitting at desk]
November 21, 2000
            Dear Sally,
                        I have nothing to say.
[Walks off stage right]
 
 
[Lying upside down on couch]
November 22, 2000
            Dear Sally,
                        What a day! Today at school, we went on a field trip to the zoo! I got to see horsies, and piggies, and sheep and all that stuff! One time, when we were all in the petting zoo, a goat ran right by Mrs. Bumly and knocked her over on her Bumly! It was so funny. The whole class laughed, including me, but I kinda felt bad ‘cause the mud ruined her pretty dress. She always has pretty dresses.
[Walks off stage left]
 
 
[Sitting on stairs]
November 25, 2000
            Dear Sally,
                        The weekend is all done and I’m sittin at my desk again, writing stupid cursive and listening to my teacher blab on about how no one’s “L’s” are curvy enough. Who gives a hoot! I can’t wait till after school. I’m going to Morgan’s house and she said she has a big secret to tell me!
[Walks off stage right]
 
 
[Sitting on end of stage]
November 26, 2000
            Dear Sally,
                        Morgan has a boyfriend! And it’s Joey! During recess she played on the swings with him, and forgot about me. Then at lunch, I saved her a seat like always, and she forgot about me again, and then on the bus ride home, she kissed him on the cheek. I bet she has cooties now.
[Walks off stage right]
 
 
[Lying down on couch]
November 27, 2000
            Dear Sally,
                        Today I’m home sick. (Sorry about the stain on this page, I didn’t get to the bathroom in time.) Right now I’m just lying in bed watching Blue’s Clue’s while mommy makes me soup. She said just ‘cause I’m not in school, doesn’t mean I don’t have to write in this journal so here I am. Sally, I hope you never get sick ‘cause it really stinks. And I mean, really stinks.
[Walks off stage left]
 
 
[Sitting cross-legged on couch]
November 28, 2000
            Dear Sally,
                        I am back at school and since its Thursday that meant we had music class. In music we all got the instruments we decided to play. I’m playing the violin. My teacher Miss Wynn told us not to use that stick thing called a bow, but I did anyways and I can already play Mary Had a Little Lamb! Shhh, that’s another secret you gotta keep Sally. Anyways, tomorrow is Friday and it is going to be DEER day. DEER means drop everything and read and tomorrow, we are gunna be reading almost all day! I hate reading. Oops! Mommy said hates a strong word. I meant I really don’t like it. Don’t tell mommy!
[Walks off stage right]
 
 
[Opposite stairs]
November 29, 2000
            Dear Sally,
                        This is our last day of diary writing in class. I’m sure gunna miss talking to ya. Thanks for keeping all my secrets and listening to all my stories. You’re a good listener. I told mommy that I wanna keep you until I’m her age so I can write to you again and tell you more stories when I’m older. She thinks it’s a good idea. Good-bye for now Sally.
[Walks off stage left]
 
 
[Sitting at desk]
July 4th, 2030
            Hey Sally!
                        Its me again, Jill! Do you remember me? I sure remember you. I was just reading through all my old journal entries and thought I would catch up with you. I am now 38, married and have 2 children. My husbands name is Joey. Yes, it is the Joey from school. He moved away in middle school, and we met up again about 8 years back, got together, married, and now we have 2 beautiful children, Mark and Sarah. They are 4th grade twins. They too are doing a diary project, just like Mrs. Bumly made me do and I’m sure glad they are because it reminded me of my childhood memories, bringing me back to you.
                        [Glances up at home] Well, I must be off. The kids are waiting outside with Joey to go see the fireworks and if I keep them waiting any longer, the kids will blow up themselves! It was wonderful catching up with you.
 
                                            Jill (notice my curvy “L’s”)

© 2008 Kristine


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting! I really like it, though it would be better as a story than a stage play. There's not enough action to interst the reader.
Original idea.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
1 Review
Added on February 5, 2008
Last Updated on March 7, 2008

Author

Kristine
Kristine

About
Well, my name is Kristine, incase you haven't figured that out yet... Um, I've been 'writing' for a while I guess, but most of the stuff I've written isn't too great, or at least the stuff I first wro.. more..

Writing