A Garden in Florence

A Garden in Florence

A Story by Dandelion
"

A trip to the enchanting country of Italy can change your life forever... it did for me.

"

 Work can be exhausting at times. As a matter of fact, I stayed many years in the same crowded hospital working long night shifts with only instant coffee to keep me going. Needless to say, I was always burned out when I got back home for some rest. One night, while I was giving medications to a grouchy old man, I had the idea to take a vacation. Finally, at dawn, my mind was set. I packed my precious and useful belongings into a big crimson hard case luggage. Then, with my matching shoulder bag resting on my hip, I was off to a charming European country in the shape of a boot.

 

            I felt free from the moment I stepped onto the crowded, yet peaceful heart of Florence. In the back of my luxurious Renaissance style apartment, there was a vast courtyard surrounded by beautiful palm trees and statuesque pines. Even though I enjoyed the scent of the Italian culture while walking in Piazza Della Signoria, it was insignificant next to the sweet aroma from the garden. I would often lose track of time while gazing at the azure sky and the pure white flowers growing through the tall verdant grass. To me, it was a magical place, just like paradise.

 

            Quickly went by a month, then a second one. The morning of my departure, I was heavyhearted to leave everything behind. I went downstairs to the lobby with my heavy luggage dragging behind me. Suddenly, a man came to me and placed a tiny pot of white flowers in my hands. Then, he simply smiled and walked away.

Back home, I realised that there was a note written in poor English attached to the flower pot: ‘’I hope that you enjoyed your stay in Florence. I noticed that you seemed to like these flowers. If you want, we might meet again soon. Ciao! "Amadeo-‘’



Florence 2014.

I came back home with thousands of memories and these amazing friends down bellow (We're one bunch of geeks!)


© 2014 Dandelion


Author's Note

Dandelion
This is a very short story I wrote for my english class project at school. Please keep in mind that this was my first attempt writting a text in my second language.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like how your writing of this story made you want to continue - i reckon you have a natural talent and have a nice way of showing, not telling.

I really like the end as well - i love how there could be endless possiblities of the hope of meeting some stranger again :)
Chloe x

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dandelion

9 Years Ago

This is very nice of you, thank you! This is why I enjoyed writing this short story also, so that pe.. read more
Symphonic_Sunflowers

9 Years Ago

I went to Florence just a month ago. It was my first time out of Australia and it was the best exper.. read more
Dandelion

9 Years Ago

Wow! Same for me!! I've been there a couple months ago and my family are getting tired of hearing me.. read more



Reviews

twas brilliant my dear maginificanto!

It may have been your first yet from reading it can not see that if you hadn't of written that i wouldn't have known.
:)


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dandelion

9 Years Ago

Thank you! It was my first indeed but I've put many efforts into it :)
I like how your writing of this story made you want to continue - i reckon you have a natural talent and have a nice way of showing, not telling.

I really like the end as well - i love how there could be endless possiblities of the hope of meeting some stranger again :)
Chloe x

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dandelion

9 Years Ago

This is very nice of you, thank you! This is why I enjoyed writing this short story also, so that pe.. read more
Symphonic_Sunflowers

9 Years Ago

I went to Florence just a month ago. It was my first time out of Australia and it was the best exper.. read more
Dandelion

9 Years Ago

Wow! Same for me!! I've been there a couple months ago and my family are getting tired of hearing me.. read more
thats a nice sweet story..ending with the hope of meeting some stranger..liked your description of the whole place..keep writing..you have nice thoughts..:)

Raj

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dandelion

9 Years Ago

I'm happy you like this one since it was my first time writing a short story in English. It is not m.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

359 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 7, 2014
Last Updated on August 19, 2014
Tags: Italy, Florence, flowers, garden, travel, culture, descriptive writting, short story

Author

Dandelion
Dandelion

Atlantic , Canada



About
Hi! I am 20 years old and I just rediscovered my writerscafe account. It all started in my English class this year when my teacher asked the class to write a short descriptive writing. It could be.. more..

Writing