Dear Stranger

Dear Stranger

A Story by Pranav Malhotra

Dear Stranger,

 

At Once I saw you locked in the walls of a resting train. I sieved the meddling crowd to get a glimpse of you. A scarf draped around your neck you were nonchalantly staring through the window now fogged by your warm breath.Your eyes were staring at no particular thing. They might have been, but it surely wasn't me. The taller heads of the crowd played hide and seek, yet I managed to lock my gaze on the glass walls separating our worlds. The engine coughed, the train pulled, yet your eyes seemed stoic. It seemed that all the mania around you had no effect them. Your pondering eyes found a train of thought that was poles away from the train you were on. Perhaps it turned down the volume of everything around you. I wished I could ride away with your train of thought.

 

The sun raised an inch higher on your window. The rays painted your pallor with a gaussian blush. Oh, it was the sight of skin that'd been tendered for years. The sight of a woman who had been loved in her childhood, who played with fleeting pigeons and bathed with morning swans.

 

The train pulled you away from me, I for some reason felt the platform move. A momentary loss of consciousness as you treaded away. You took your world of tranquility and peace with you leaving behind a ruckus of horns and loud gawkers.


I know for a fact that wherever you are, dear stranger, wherever this train took you, you would have filled the air around you with beauty, peace and poise. For you are a rare nobility to be admired, you are a portrait to be painted, a sonnet to be sung, a memory to be cherished and if I ever get to see you again, I pray that my will shall get the better of my romanticism, so that I can register your aura in the realm of my senses. . .

 

 

Pranav Malhotra 

© 2013 Pranav Malhotra


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

wow...this is definitely the best story i have read on here. i can definitely relate, a chance encounter with the perfect stranger but somehow you will always remember every single detail even how the wind blew and their hair moved and all. you described it so well i could actually picture it in my mind. beautiful..absolutely beautiful. very well written indeed.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pranav Malhotra

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much.
Hope the note found you in a happy place.
Loads of love.
cycy

8 Years Ago

happy place indeed..well i had the privilege of meeting my stranger thrice...on the first 2 occasion.. read more



Reviews

My goodness. This was beautiful. I love this sort of work, and you have done an excellent job word-painting. Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

the last paragraph of your piece is astounding and quite magnetic...the whole concept and the verbalization of it by you....you deserve a good applause...great:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A moment caught beautifully! How often have we all thought and felt this? Very well written, you captured the desire and longing and the whole moment perfectly!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was simply divine... beautiful, romantic and filled with all the essence of "falling in love at first sight' with a stranger during a brief encounter. You captured a beautiful moment between two strangers engulfing the reader and taking us deep into the realms of your heart....

Wonderful...



Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very moving read. I especially liked the third paragraph.

Posted 11 Years Ago


You have orgasmic imagery! Kudos.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I sieved the meddling crowd to get a glimpse of you. I like the images that opens.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I absolutely love the beauty with which this piece sways, it flows so seamlessly from start to finish...incredible. "Perhaps it turned down the volume of everything around you." -spectacular. Thank you so much for the friend request, and thank you so much for sharing this with us.

-kimmer

I just re-read this, and the verdict still stands ;-) Outstanding work...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

As I moved through this I was swept away with powerful emotion behind the words. This is captivating and beautiful...x It played like a little mini movie in my mind. Well done:) xo

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is such a beautiful piece. The way the words just flowed out was amazing. I felt like I could picture the scene as I read it. Well done ☺

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pranav Malhotra

11 Years Ago

If that was so then I feel satisfied in getting the message across. . .
Thank You so much
❤ Maggie ❤

11 Years Ago

You are most welcome!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2805 Views
52 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on March 12, 2013
Tags: romance, love, love at first sight, cute, notebook, peaceful, polarity, sonnet, portrait, smile, beautiful, girl.

Author

Pranav Malhotra
Pranav Malhotra

Amritsar, Punjab, India



About
more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..