HOPE

HOPE

A Poem by Prateeksha Khot
"

HOPE is a short poem which tells us to never lose faith whatsoever because god always has something planned for us.

"

When dreams are shattered,

When you feel all is lost,

Don't feel dejected,

Don't lose hope at any cost.


Life is not a bed of roses,

It has its ups and downs.

We should learn to accept failures,

And not meet them with frowns.


So what if you have not achieved,

What was to be your aim.

There is no need to feel sorry,

There is no need to feel shame.


Man writes his own destiny,

So don't lose hope as yet.

Come on! Buckle up and work harder,

Dont sit there and fret.


If things don't turn out the way you want,

Don't let that spoil your mood,

Because you must remember one thing :

WHATEVER HAPPENS, HAPPENS FOR YOUR GOOD!

© 2010 Prateeksha Khot


Author's Note

Prateeksha Khot
do you agree with this view? How many of you have actually come across such a situation?


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I agree with you completely! The cliche that I've always heard and sadly used myself was "life will never be easy," it speaks for itself. Now on the structure of it, you had a great rhyme scheme of ABCB and then in the last stanza I understand that the content of it was still very poetic and expressive of your emotions. It seems that you knew just what you wanted to say in that last stanza and were excited to write it down; if so, I would advise to write down what first comes to mind and then later go back and try to keep it with the same rhyme scheme. Otherwise, it was a very convincing poem and I really enjoyed reading this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This poem comes to me in perfect timing. I have been quite engulfed with the challenges I am facing and I was thinking about them so much that I didn't feel much like reading, but now I am so glad I did.

Thanks for the reminder boost.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Always had a bit of a fondness for inspirational writings, especially when so many people write love poems or try to be dark and brooding.

The actual writing seems simplistic (ABCB rhyme scheme and not much elaboration) but in a sense that's not a bad thing what we're left with is the raw encouraging energy to pass on to the reader. No point burying it under imagery and metaphors.

The meter is a bit off; it's as though each line adheres to its own pattern independent of the others. Meter is a fickle mistress though and I don't think in this poem it is something you need to bear in mind. The only thing that truly bothers me is a feeling of something lacking; this is usually the final stanza being lackluster in comparison to the rest but I don't think this is the case here. There is an element missing somewhere and I can't quite put my finger on it. To take a stab in the dark I would have to say the poem feels just a little too vague.

Well, I suppose it's not hugely important. As long as your readers walk away feeling uplifted from the poem then it has done its job resplendently.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

No luckylifetwo, I hadn't ! Wow that's kind of made my day !


Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LL2
Love your poem (and thanks for reviewing mine). I've been in many of those situations - times where life sucks, but then years later, you're glad you went through it. For me, this poem almost has a song quality. Have you thought about it that way?

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
A
Oh I LOVED this! Definitely brought a smile to my face :) I love the optimism and positivity to this piece. I also love the message. Everything you said in this piece is so true and uplifting. Great piece! Very well written! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like it, nice poem

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I would really appreciate it if you would give ratings along with the review so I would get a better picture of the quality of my work.

Thanks!


Posted 13 Years Ago


Me! I like this piece because I needed something to tell me it can only get better sometimes things don’t go our way so we got to keep on plugging with some action in the game. You’ve hit the nail on the head.
Well Done. Mauricio


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

you are right man writes his own destiny... so there is nothing to worry about. You will get what you want but only if you really want it and work hard for it.
Your poem is full of positivity and really a pleasure to start morning on such a positive note..
thanks for sharing it with me.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

B-E-A-UTIFUL poem!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4522 Views
120 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 14 Libraries
Added on March 25, 2010
Last Updated on April 18, 2010
Tags: hope, dreams, lost, dejected, life, roses, failure, aim, sorry, shame, destiny, mood, good, remember

Author

Prateeksha Khot
Prateeksha Khot

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India



About
A happy-go-lucky rebel, i like doing things my way : that is the different way. I am creative and like trying out new stuff : There's hardly anything in which I am not interested. Plus point ? : I HAV.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


LLL LLL

A Poem by Prateeksha Khot