The five pages he wrote

The five pages he wrote

A Story by Pratik Mishra
"

The ending isn't incomplete

"

Page 1

I am dying. Third stage cancer. Doctors haven’t given me much time to live. But I won’t go like this. I will leave a part of me to be remembered. I have no family, but I am sure somebody will read this. And I will remain in their memory as long as they live. So reader, if you are reading this, you are the one I am talking about. Please keep me alive even after I die. And find her. Tell her I loved her. Who, you ask? Read on, and you will find out.


 Page 2

I am very self centered. For me, it’s all about me. Never have I cared deeply about somebody else. I guess being alone does this to you. I never gave a s**t about others. But all this changed when I saw her on the 2nd of February. That was two days ago.

I was lying on the hospital bed. No one there to care for me. Cancer was eating me day by day. Even though I had no one to live for, I wasn't too glad to die at 25 years of age. But what could I do? Living or dying wasn't in my hand. All I felt was that I had some will left to live. And that will became iron strong when my eyes first fell upon her.


 Page 3

She barged in through the door of the room I was kept in, a frantic look in her eyes. Those light blue eyes. God, so beautiful! I just kept looking at her as she spoke hurriedly to the only nurse in my room, and ran outside with her. I don’t know what the issue was. An injured relative, maybe? As if I cared. She was the only one that I came to care about. Me, a self centered freak, who now thinks about someone else.


 Page 4

It was morning when I had first seen her. I didn’t see her the whole afternoon that day. But then she returned in the evening. And now I took in the sight of her properly. I already told you about her beautiful eyes. But her curls were just out of this world. Like a blonde waterfall. Her delicate lips that I couldn’t take my eyes away from. And her pearly teeth when she spoke to the nurse. God!

Well, as I said, she came into my room once again with the nurse. I heard their conversation and soon found out what had happened. The nurse was thanking her for what she had done. And what had she done? She had witnessed an old woman in an accident just outside the hospital. And while nobody came forward to her help, she herself carried the woman to the hospital. That little angel. She had come rushing to my room because that was the first room she spotted. Lucky me.


 Page 5

She left without even looking at me even though we were in the same room. The nurse tended to me and left too. For the first time in years, I felt sad. I wanted her to look at me. But that did not happen. Worse, she probably wasn’t going to come again. Why would she? It was a hospital damn it. Was this the first and last I had seen of her?

Anyways, I probably shouldn’t write more now. I am feeling worse than ever. Is the cancer finally taking me? But I wanted to live. For her. She was the one who made me pick up a book and write my feelings.

I am feeling dizzy as I write this. There is pain in my chest. Okay I am stopping now. I will write more tomor 

© 2018 Pratik Mishra


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on January 27, 2018
Last Updated on January 27, 2018

Author

Pratik Mishra
Pratik Mishra

mumbai, kalyan, India



About
Constantly trying to improve as a writer. more..

Writing
The Bad The Bad

A Chapter by Pratik Mishra