Monogamy of Adam & Eve

Monogamy of Adam & Eve

A Poem by Falanne Shanta
"

Relationships in today's society.

"

Isn’t it weird how you can talk to someone every single day and then just out of the blue that person become nonexistent in your life as if the words that you once shared is like a forgotten lullaby? And the memories or thoughts are blurry and you tip top around questions avoiding the situation at hand. What is there to life when that of man and woman can’t come to the terms of mutual agreements and fail to express the gratitude of one another? The desires are in tune with the undoubting chemistry, but the consistency that ties it all together is rather voided. Past monogamous relationships that was once faithful and sacred now shows all the broken glasses and scars that haunt the individual from seeking refuge in a new love. Just like any other ordinary epiphany everything is all of a sudden realization that what can be is not really suppose to be when it comes to throwing in the ups and downs of the relationship along with the love and understanding, but don’t forget about the misconceptions and deceptions when it comes to relationships today. What has become of man and woman when they both find themselves in a “situationship” only feeding off the lust of each other and allowing that spiritual connection to intertwine their bodies for all the wrong reasons? Sex is mistaken for love and love is just a four letter word used to persuade for their own selfish need. This kind of behavior is in fact tolerated and gets misconstrued with the unknown understanding of what relationships are meant for. And if this kind of behavior is allowed then mankind is doomed and divorces will raise and marriages will wither away rapidly. Man would rather explore body first before empowering the mind and woman would fall victim just to feel something letting the explorer explore the temple of her innocents without learning the history of it first. Generations are changing drastically from modern traditions and values and morals are downplayed and seeking further into darkness. Do we blame Eve for leading Adam to eat the forbidden fruit? Or do we blame Adam for falling victim to temptation? The questions continue to linger and words are becoming useless and actions aren't required to accustom the "new" form of relationships...and loyalty and trust goes out the door and if all of that is taken away...why indulge in something that's a temporary disaster waiting to happen? Cause nowadays everything is artificial...put into existence like it's beneficial. In reality it's only there to curse you...and sway from the innocent of whats gifted. Tell yourself I deserve better, because you deserve better. Monogamy is slowly fading away and the perception of it is laughed upon...leading more into darkness and broken homes.

© 2018 Falanne Shanta


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is such a beautiful, love and truth-filled treatise on the human condition.
I like the consistent narrative voice throughout. This is a deep work of philosophy (since true philosophy is men and women questioning and outlining the various aspects of life).

'Cause nowadays everything is artificial,
put into existence like it's beneficial.'

That above phrase perfectly captures the confusing atmosphere of humans and technology, true love and materialistic desires.
If we take computers, iphones and smart gadgets as example, we can see that there are benefits to such easy access to information and global human interactions.
But, on the other hand, we can also see that some humans are too over indulgent, being more sucked into technology, so heavily reliant upon it, in a way that people don't want to use their own brain no more; others even letting social media, and the gossip lifestyle that's there, destroy their social skills and their relationships.
Some people even lack confidence in facing humans to communicate face-to-face, since they spend so much time behind computer screens. And often, during a conversation, people are more focused and distracted on their smart phone, rather than truly listen to the conversation at hand, and losing track of the important subject being discussed, which is such a rude attitude that is so prevalent in society today. So what example are we setting for the little children? Human social interactions are what make the world go round. But if people are more zombie-like, then it is a worrying factor when attributed to the wrong use of technology and information.
And there are so many more examples regarding these issues you so creatively and wisely brush upon in your poem.

So, yes, your poem is a poem that definitely creates a healthy debate.
This is needed for these times we live in.

WELL DONE

Posted 6 Years Ago


Falanne Shanta

6 Years Ago

Thank you for your positive feedback. I appreciate your honesty. I like how you looked at it from bo.. read more
Well written, profound and so sadly true on every level.

If I might, I can add my own observation on this futility that will condemn lives and love?

Adam blamed "The woman you gave me" in other words, his creator. Eve claimed "The serpent deceived me." They refused to blame each other or themselves. So it is today. We live in a blameless society, everyone has a reason, a justification for every action, no matter how selfish or damaging to others. Love and marriage require commitment and loyalty, two things most people are not willing to work at anymore.

Good writing.

I wish you peace,

Moomin

Posted 6 Years Ago


Falanne Shanta

6 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words. In today's society no one is willing to fight for love anymore and it.. read more
Impressive ties to social commentary this work has. This is a subject that more people should really engage in because that behavior in particular has lasting consequences that not only affect the two parties but even the next generation. I admire how you recognize the blemishes of relationships and the misconceived ideologies of love. I agree with what the message is conveying. There is also legitimate wisdom in these words. I find it fascinating that the inspiration stems from an end of your relationship, it makes it much more personal and that much more intriguing to read. Wonderful poem. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Falanne Shanta

6 Years Ago

Thank you for you kind honesty. I just hope relationships could go back to the way they use to be. W.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 2, 2018
Last Updated on March 2, 2018
Tags: Relationships, poetry of love

Author

Falanne Shanta
Falanne Shanta

San Diego, CA



About
I'm just a southern girl with a love for writing. I want my readers to be able to relate to my feelings as well as me to theirs. My sister once told me, "it's a blessing to use words to inspire" and w.. more..

Writing
May 6 May 6

A Poem by Falanne Shanta