The Doctor of the Market Place

The Doctor of the Market Place

A Story by psisatyr
"

It's about a quack doctor in a market place

"

I found this doctor right in the heart of the market place. Laid on the ground beside him were baskets of roots, herby leaves, and exotic seeds. He had a battery operated microphone through which he blared his voice. He tried to attract people boasting to the extent that he had an antidote to cure even aids. Whenever I used to go to the market, I used to become attracted by his charms. Of course there were many people falling for his tricks. His other favorite remedies included a cure for rheumatism, arthritis, asthma and what not. He was at the market place all day long till the market ended. As days went by I noticed his absence. I became puzzled as to why he was not coming. One day I decided to ask his neighboring vegetable seller as to what happened to him. The reply I got was shocking. According to him the road side doctor was diagnosed with Jaundice and Aids and he passed away in the hospital.

 

© 2015 psisatyr


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very ironic. I liked how that though this was short it still held good impact and there's something to be learnt from it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Well that is a very ironic ending. Fake doctors who take advantage of sick, frightened people, deserve wnat they get.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 3, 2015
Last Updated on February 3, 2015
Tags: Flash Fiction, Quack, Doctor, Market, Aids, Dark Humor

Author

psisatyr
psisatyr

India



About
I am a pedagogist; I hail from God's Own Country in Kerala. Writing prose, fiction and poetry are my special interests. Making love, boozing are so delicacies of a fruit for me more..

Writing