International Baccalaureate and Cambridge from a Proletarian Perspective

International Baccalaureate and Cambridge from a Proletarian Perspective

A Story by psisatyr
"

It's an ideological reflection on the International Curricula of Cambridge and International Baccalaureate

"

I would like to say that at the outset that I am a Marxian and Gramscian, when I think of global corporatism followed as ideologies of education in the world. I would like to start by commenting on the educational ideologies offered as sums of capitalist money for schools who have adopted Cambridge and International baccalaureate curricula.  These educational ideologies occupy privileged positions of gospel in both rich and poor countries, privileging the capitalist class, their ideological institutions and marginalizing the middleclass and the subaltern in those countries where a large mass of people come from social, economic, castetist and famalialy challenged backgrounds. These institutions, the Cambridge and the Baccalaureate, end up sad to say, demeaning the masses  of developing countries by creating a money elite who then  flock to their own shores, pay exorbitant sums of money and earn foreign degrees and then try and settle down there. Even if they come back to their mother countries, they become hegemonic instruments who dominate the society’s cultural, religious, social and economic institutions and they thereby become the top echelons of power adding on to the super structure of the society. I would like to illustrate an example here; a poor underpaid Indian watchman working in an International School in India, travels by the jam-packed local bus early morning and leaves his son in a government school where the medium of instruction is vernacular. He then approaches the International School to perform his duties. Imagine what would be his state of mind. What strikes me most as cruel and despicable is that the same International school pays a much lower amount as salaries to natives and pays a huge amount of money to expatriate teachers. The international ideologies perpetrated by the International Baccalaureate and Cambridge propagate vaingloriously the myth of creating Global Citizens. Yes, this happens when these students have the buying power to pay huge sum of fees, be able to travel to foreign countries or become absorbed as a local country’s elite.  But global citizenship is a myth propagated by the ideological apparatchik of the IBO and Cambridge. It’s an opportunism of helping native speakers as conduits of expensive labor in poorer countries. Again it shatters into an oppression of the Working classes in countries that have an elite bourgeoisie and a poor proletarian. International globalism creates a conducive environment for the rich capitalists and their crony politicians to exploit their poorer brethren. I would like to quote my own example. The Ambanis of India run an elite school in Mumbai for the stinking rich. It’s an irony that they pay enormous sums and gratify expatriate to teach in their schools. They show callous disregard for educated Indians who can qualify for their teaching posts and work at a much more competitive salary. I would also like to quote another example: I once did take a life insurance policy from the Ambani group and I paid a premium amount of Rupees 10000. Sad to say after that, I became broke and was not able to pay any further. When I went and asked the insurance authorities can I take back the premium after deduction of charges, I got the blunt reply that I have to pay two more premiums to reclaim the money. What a ridicule and mental trauma was I subject to? Again it has come to light that they Ambanis have huge sums of non-taxed money stashed up in Swizz banks. Where is the character and integrity of Capitalists who are given accreditation to run Cambridge and IB institutions? It is their siblings the Ambanis who study in your elite corporate institutions and who in turn continue the exploitation of the poor. Another peculiarity that I have noticed about International Schools especially in Asia is that they are so keen that they genuflect and employ only native teachers and preferably whites. Why are Asians succumbing to epidemic of the White Skin? Why do Asians betray their own brethren and contribute to the quagmire of increasing unemployment. It’s no joke to say that International Schools in EU countries restrict employment to EU citizens. What an ironic contradiction is this syndrome? Yes the international agenda of these power structures is to milk the rich Asians and live comfortably on their earnings. The IBO and the Cambridge ideologies claim that they are non-profit. Yet they charge a mammoth sum of money (payable in US dollars[they have an aversion to local currencies]) to give affiliation status to Capitalists who want to start schools. Where does all this money go? It goes to feed and prostitute the mouth, belly and loins of the IB Cambridge hierarchy who are not Asians or Africans. The IBO and the Cambridge hierarchies also do not mince words when comes to charging fees for each student. This gargantuan sum goes tidily as excess income and excess profits which can used luxuriously to satisfy their whims and vanities. Recently I have come to know that teachers in an International School in Jakarta (Jakarta International School) were caught for sodomizing students. The school authorities steadfastly maintain that the teachers are innocent. Are the school authorities making fools of the public and the Indonesian police? It has also come to light that the school authorities were willing to bribe and silence the parents. It should not be surprising that till now no Asian and African teacher working in International Schools has been charged for sexually abusing students. Again it’s a myth propounded by the IBO and Cambridge’s ideological apparatus that their curriculum is the World’s best and National Curricula is inferior. I would also like to contradict this statement by using India as an example. The Indian curricula are not in any way inferior especially when it comes to subjects of Science, Math and Technology. However Aesthetic and Philosophical outlook of the students can be improved by certain modifications of the curriculum Modi: “Sir Prime minster”, please use the rich resources of the IIT’s Indian Institute of Technology to make an International Indian curriculum that is competitive, affordable and a curriculum that surpasses all the standards set by the bourgeoisie IBO and Cambridge.

© 2015 psisatyr


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on February 18, 2015
Last Updated on February 18, 2015
Tags: Education, School, Schooling, International Baccalaureate, Cambridge, IGCSE, Ideology, Marx, Gramsci, Proletarian, Subaltern, Capitalist, Bourgeoisie, International Schools, Ambani, Modi

Author

psisatyr
psisatyr

India



About
I am a pedagogist; I hail from God's Own Country in Kerala. Writing prose, fiction and poetry are my special interests. Making love, boozing are so delicacies of a fruit for me more..

Writing