Nothing Could Be More Perfect

Nothing Could Be More Perfect

A Poem by Phoebe Taylor

Have you ever craved physical connection so deeply?

The gentle feeling of his hands upon your skin and the warmth radiating form his body.

Nothing could be more perfect.


The thought of his touch sends chills down your spine.

You wish for his loving caress along your body, his pressed against yours.

Nothing could be more perfect.


You long for him, all of him.

The beauty, the passion, oh how you fantasise this.

Nothing could be more perfect.


The desire so deep, so powerful it burns underwater.

He is a masterpiece awaiting to be studied.

He is perfect.

© 2018 Phoebe Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like this one Phoebe! You describe the feeling that many can relate to so accurately. What inspires you to write like this? It’s a great source of motivation for your writing and you’re producing some delicate pieces. Keep it up, I can see you going far.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phoebe Taylor

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Darcy! This means a lot.
Duncan Brown

6 Years Ago

Love love love........................................................................................ read more



Reviews

Nice work Phoebe, but take it from me, he's far from perfect!

I like the repetition and how this links to the title. I like the way you start with a question and use 'you' throughout. I think this really brings the reader in. I also quite like the simplicity and brevity - there's no extraneous bits here - it says what you want (very well) without distractions. I slightly hesitate because I bet, in your head, you can describe the place, the weather, the sounds from outside, etc etc, and some of these probably contribute significantly to the feeling of perfection. For me, it would probably be late afternoon dappled golden sunlight and maybe the sound of lapping waves in the distance - the room would be quiet. So back to me hesitation, which is that you might have broadened the description of perfection to encompass such aspects, but maybe I'm describing my perfection rather than yours! As it stands, however, I think the brevity works very well.

It's my habit to point out tiny glitches and grammatical type things, so here goes:
- 2nd line says 'form' when you presumably intend it to be 'from'
- 'awaiting to be studied'; it's either 'waiting to be studied' or 'awaiting study'
I only mention these because, for me, they interrupt the flow of what is otherwise a lovely poem. Nice work!

Nigel

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phoebe Taylor

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much Nigel! I really appreciate your constructive review. Often when we type things o.. read more
I like this one Phoebe! You describe the feeling that many can relate to so accurately. What inspires you to write like this? It’s a great source of motivation for your writing and you’re producing some delicate pieces. Keep it up, I can see you going far.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phoebe Taylor

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Darcy! This means a lot.
Duncan Brown

6 Years Ago

Love love love........................................................................................ read more
No man is an island.apparently no woman either.we all need the physical presence of another to avoid loneliness. Nice job describing the hunger inside that needs to satisfied

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can't quite relate to this entirely, not being a female and all, but I quite enjoyed the sound and flow of this. Very vivid and strong imagery in a short and sweet narrative that contains a superb musicality. Essentially if all the masculine pronouns were switched to feminine, it would almost reflect the present state of my life right now. Well done!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phoebe Taylor

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your review!
emipoemi

6 Years Ago

my pleasure.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 5, 2018
Last Updated on January 5, 2018
Tags: deepestdesires, romance, love, passion, beauty

Author

Phoebe Taylor
Phoebe Taylor

New Zealand



About
I like to be a voice for those that don’t have one. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Purple Rain Purple Rain

A Poem by Terra