Hypocrites

Hypocrites

A Poem by Pete

Image result for hypocrite

They s
ee me through bloodshot eyes.
They smell me with burned-out nostrils.
They hear me through beeswax ears.
They touch me with plastic fingers.
They dine with me bringing their puke, indigestion and bad breath.
They lick their lying lips.

They talk to me with forked tongues.
Their words burn like acid.
They laugh at me from the corners of their mouths.
They smile at me in condescension.
They dance with me in deceit.
They walk away from me with lying legs.
They judge me with crooked gavels.
They cut me off on life's on-ramp.

They visit me with welcome wagons, then go home and lock their doors.
They sell me out for a pittance.
They defecate on me in defiance.
Self-righteous denizens of dung.
Charlatans of chicanery cloaked behind moribund masks.
Ignorant, contemptible, contradictory cut-throats.

Delusional deviants.
Two-faced, twisted turncoats.
Fractured facades in fun-house mirrors.
Four-flushing fakers.
Masquerading malingerers.
Pontificating, placating patronizers.
Pompous plaster saints.
Saying one thing but doing another.
Their waves go from five fingers to one.
Who the hell do they think they are?


© 2018 Pete


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! You have captured the disease in a bottle here. Hypocrisy is nothing new. There is intentional hypocrisy and passive hypocrisy. Both destroy. Both hurt.
The poetry was a fabulous romp in the deboutchery of hypocrisy.
Saying this, I know when one allows these observations to direct our thoughts, emotions and our psychological filters, we become what we behold.
I've been there. Judging the judgers. Faking out the fakers. Etc...
The cure for this is to be true, be open, be vulnerable. Slow others to take advantage if they will. Be smart, and protect yourself to responsible degree, but let the virtual knife stab. It will not kill you.
Soon, you will begins to see what is behind the mask. You will see the intentions and driving forces behind seemingly irrational behaviors. You will live loving even those hypocrites and maybe find a few loving one's hypocritical self...
IDK... Seems like something wise I was taught or might have read in some great historical manuscript of life and love.
A fantastic write Pete.

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pete

8 Years Ago

Thank you for such an insightful review. I'm glad I could capture it for you. I wasn't sure if I h.. read more
 David Scott

8 Years Ago

Nailed it for sure!



Reviews

There are so many exquisite lines and phrases in this. Heck, one or two such wordsmithing gems in any of my writing, and I'd be happy but you have lots and it doesnt steal away from the write at all!
Great vent!


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pete

7 Years Ago

Ah - the vent. Sometimes they really flow. Don't know where they come from, they just come. Thank.. read more
Great poem, speechless! It is a thought-provoking piece of art.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pete

7 Years Ago

Thank you Jamieya, I appreciate that.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
D
Fabulous. I was reading in awe. First, because I could relate to the frustration. Second, this is art.
I don't know how you handle the bullcrap of the figures around...
When I'm fed up, with someone constantly pretending to be my friend, while he's waiting for the opportunity to backstabb me... I just ask "Do you like hospital food?" Lol.

But that's not always an option so I go away from everyone...go fishing, for a bike ride, a walk, in the library, a pub, anywhere, and forget everything.

just hang in there.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pete

7 Years Ago

Thank you.
D

7 Years Ago

most welcome.
D

7 Years Ago

just remember it also reminds me of a song .
WOW! I totally hate hypocrites (always have), but your message is definitely one of the most scathing (yet appropriate!) I like the way it starts out kinda calm, altho vividly describing these very unlikeable characters, then your whole message & tone ramps up little by little, until it feels like you're throwing the book at these jerks (often much-deserved)! It seems like such a writing session would be very cathartic. I think I might try it! *smile*

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pete

7 Years Ago

You just brought a smile to my face. Thank you for such a thoughtful, in-depth review. This is the.. read more
Wow... I think you nailed the elections perfectly!!
both of them ;)
Powerful piece.... you created a lasting impact with your words!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pete

7 Years Ago

LOL. Imagine if their campaign signs had this poem on them? Or maybe I should hold a sign with thi.. read more
Hebe

7 Years Ago

I'll join you.... I wish you could air it on one of the networks! Trump would need a translator!;)<.. read more
Pete

7 Years Ago

OMG you're too much.
These kinds of people stink from a mile away. I steer clear of them, for sure.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pete

7 Years Ago

You're funny - they "stink from a mile away". You made me laugh. Best regards.
D Connolly

7 Years Ago

LOL they do though! :)
Pete

7 Years Ago

I'm still cracking up ...
Ah, the hypocrites... and those that have one set of rules for themselves and different sets for the others
...
The hypocracy pervades everything...
Great write!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pete

7 Years Ago

Thanks for the read. Appreciated.
Unfortunately, they are delusional, and think they are far more important and better than anyone else...except, perhaps, one of their own ilk. This was fantastic! Wow!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pete

8 Years Ago

Thank you for appreciating the feeling. Regards.
I love this! The imagery has been created with twisted cliche's and darkened popular phrases, resulting in this horrible picture of disgust and anger. The language is similarly dark with very powerful emotions embedded in almost every word, and one line I particularly fell in love with was 'they visit me with welcome wagons, then go home and lock their doors.'
Hypocrisy is rife, always has been and will continue to exist for as long as there is diversity in any form. But the unique descriptions in this piece show that no matter how frequent or deep the hypocrisy, uniqueness and variety blossoms as a smiling 'screw you'.

Well done indeed Pete!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pete

8 Years Ago

Thank you for such a thoughtful review.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2874 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 18, 2015
Last Updated on February 27, 2018

Author

Pete
Pete

Boston, MA



About
I love reading, writing, music, nature, God and feeling emotion, not necessarily in that order. To me, these things go hand in hand. My favorite writer is Henry David Thoreau. I think he was a geni.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Brave It Brave It

A Poem by Sami Khalil


That Guy That Guy

A Poem by Pete