Highway Star

Highway Star

A Poem by Pete
"

The stars are God's dreams, thoughts remembered in the silence of his night. - Thoreau

"
Image result for galaxy wallpaper 36

It was the boisterous backdrop for a heavenly curtain call.
Complete with an eternally sanctified spotlight.
A mystical melody for machine heads.
A liturgy of love with lasers.
Blazing with the incandescent light of spirits.
Running on the fuel of faith.
A thoroughfare for subliminal sacraments speeding in the stratosphere.
A dramatic superhighway for shooting stars.
Drag racing in divinity.
A smoke-filled sabbath.
His very breath marking the finish like a checkered flag.
Waving and wafting.
Foggy and fleeting.
Bold.
Loud.
Royal.
Deep.
... Purple ...

© 2023 Pete


Author's Note

Pete
Inspired by my lord and savior and the song Highway Star on the Machine Head album by the band Deep Purple.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This reminds me of someone who has taken their last earthly breath and is traveling on the cosmos to Heaven.

The wonder and magical feel of this poem is amazing. Shooting stars and incandescent light filled with souls traveling together to Heaven. Beautiful

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pete

2 Years Ago

thank you for hitching a ride ... :)



Reviews

This reminds me of someone who has taken their last earthly breath and is traveling on the cosmos to Heaven.

The wonder and magical feel of this poem is amazing. Shooting stars and incandescent light filled with souls traveling together to Heaven. Beautiful

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pete

2 Years Ago

thank you for hitching a ride ... :)
Hopeless to try to keep away from your words melded to the music!

Please, please forgive me Pete but been laughing start to end of this video!! Read your incredible and somewhat incendiary lyrics and the most unheavenly music come kingdom finish!! i And yet, Lord forgive me, this is near an explosion of extreme planetary birth as man could arrive at! Your words could be lyrics too... a touch melodic and most certainly rousing!!!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pete

3 Years Ago

lol. silly me, i always thought thunder was the angels bowling ... :)
emmajoy

3 Years Ago

No way, when I was ickle, our daddy said it was the naughty angels slamming the gates! :)
Pete

3 Years Ago

lol. fresh ... :)
"Blazing with the incandescent light of spirits."

Captivated me...I could feel the light burning behind my eyes. Beautifully written.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pete

3 Years Ago

so kind of you to share thoughts. it is appreciated. glad you could feel it ... :)
Spacey with many avenues to explore. Great band from an honest era. Nice work.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pete

3 Years Ago

thank you for taking the ride and keeping the pedal to the metal ... :)
There's something about purple and your posted image totally captivated me. Your Lord Saviour and Deep Purple an unusual combination to offer the inspiration for this write. What inspiration though. What a journey and what a finish across that final line. Drag racing in divinity. That takes some beating. Enjoyed the metaphors and imagery here Pete, also the shape of your text.


Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pete

3 Years Ago

yes, deep purple (color of royalty). was thinking about the song from my days of youth and thought .. read more
Comfort via faith, love, hope and trust helps Humankind to carry on in troubled times. Divinity in all its guises is as welcome as breathing ~ we learn from living until.. we learn what it truly means. Perhaps.

Your use of words, metaphors, description and emotion is more than more in this poem, Pete.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pete

3 Years Ago

yes indeedy my dear - faith, love, hope and trust.
those difficult to hold onto things best.. read more
That's what the colour Purple is all about, the ultimate, high and endless divinity, where our higher beings live and reach to communicate with the higher realm, "Running on the fuel of faith." for me this line is outstanding, because it shows how spirits and souls even in the other side gather to make our faith on earth stronger, and even their hands with us to make our world better, but how many believe in that? You write with deep wisdom and intelligence, again chosing carefully your words for those who can grasp the meaning behind them.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pete

3 Years Ago

they say that purple is the color of royalty. thank you for your royal review. keep strong in fait.. read more
lightsong

3 Years Ago

like You without faith I am nothing my friend :) and You're welcome*
I used to listen to Deep Purple on my dads 8 track. Many memories there.

Seems like the way to the after life is clouded and misty. But what fun is it hurling toward a bright light in the sky without a little mystery and heart pounding suspense? Kind of like driving through dense fog at night. You stop and wonder where you are sometimes. Deep down inside you know you will make it, and when you do, you think to yourself, "Boy that was fun!".

I hope can make it there with my low octane gas. I found myself cheating and diluting it with water a lot more than I should. Enjoyed your poem. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pete

6 Years Ago

used to sneak into my older brothers room to listen to his 8 tracks. kind of like going back in tim.. read more
One of my favourite songs Pete, we have something in common. Enjoyed the ride, nice work.
Will

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pete

6 Years Ago

thank you Will. when i did this, i didn't realize how much it would strike a chord especially with .. read more
That band had some great songs, I still love black night. Great poem Pete, strong delivery, nicely worded. You’ll make a fine poet Pete 😇

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pete

6 Years Ago

sure did, i still listen to them to this day. thanks for taking this in. best ... :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1962 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 22, 2018
Last Updated on February 11, 2023

Author

Pete
Pete

Boston, MA



About
I love reading, writing, music, nature, God and feeling emotion, not necessarily in that order. To me, these things go hand in hand. My favorite writer is Henry David Thoreau. I think he was a geni.. more..

Writing
Need Not Apply Need Not Apply

A Poem by Pete



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..