Steppin out

Steppin out

A Poem by Kayleen
"

girls on the street

"

Steppin out
Baby's tricked out
Turning tricks out
On the boulevard
In a black dress
Shes a hot mess

Sadist masochist
In the back of your car
She was a pretty thing
She had a big dream
Kept her nose clean
But now shes
Steppin out
Baby's strung out
Sellin fun out
On the boulevard

© 2011 Kayleen


Author's Note

Kayleen
If you took the time to read it, please take 4 more seconds to comment and let me know what you thought. Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You've chosen your rhymes well, and the quick pace of the poem is one that, though I am unused to the style, tells the story of your character quite nicely. Well done. It's truly a woe that situations like these are apparent in some places of the world.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I feel every girl has their own reason for being on the streets. It's sad, but true. It's a tough life, but hey, some actually enjoy the hustle & what they do. You tell a powerful truth with this write & you penned out each line so well.

Posted 7 Years Ago


As a songwriter... I think this piece has great lyrical value. It's hard-hitting, and blunt. I can almost hear the scratching buzz of the guitar behind it!

Posted 7 Years Ago


I like that there was some rhyming, but you didn't force it into a scheme.
I like the repetition of on the boulevard and steppin out.
I'm worried for her.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Nice flow of words create a vision of beauty and sadness in the same vision. The good description allowed the reader to know the place and the ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


I loved the story behind your words and the way your flow moved the reader along through this sad poem. Great job!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Love this one!
My favorite of yours!
Keep it up!

Posted 9 Years Ago


You've chosen your rhymes well, and the quick pace of the poem is one that, though I am unused to the style, tells the story of your character quite nicely. Well done. It's truly a woe that situations like these are apparent in some places of the world.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great rhyme. It has great potential, and I'm sure that with music added, would be even better! hope you win that Rock Songs contest.

Posted 11 Years Ago


cool...hip hop beat

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ben
Nice flow. Good job!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 21, 2009
Last Updated on January 7, 2011
Previous Versions

Author

Kayleen
Kayleen

Anaheim, CA



About
Kayleen. 22. California. I Like Old School Punk Rock, Electro nonsense, and Katy Perry. The Mighty f*****g Boosh. Everything else amazing overseas we dont have here. I make movies, bad decisions.. more..

Writing
Not Capable Not Capable

A Poem by Kayleen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..