Attention Defunct

Attention Defunct

A Poem by Kayleen

We’re just what mommy made us
Apathetic animals with an IV drip
Medicated stupor to try to tame us
Shut your mouth, child don’t gimme no lip

Got no clue but they got a prescription
Obedience comes in an easy open tab
Well guess what daddy now it’s my decision
Thoughts no longer manufactured in a lab

Lets see how you cope when you lose control
When your pretty little babies give a rebel yell
How’d you think we’d function with a stolen soul?
We’re the Amphetamine youth gonna raise some hell


Latch key children with a different kind of bottle
Pretty from a distance, an illusion on display
our psychotropic anger ‘s coming at you full throttle
doctor made you buy it, now its time to pay

© 2010 Kayleen


Author's Note

Kayleen
comments please?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This sounds like a generation gone awry, parents who want children but when they have them and when they act up they don't know what to do. So they turn to pills to calm them down, or medicate to keep under control. Great writing about how some parents just don't know what to do.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Test subjects is what they do. We're human and not meant to stand all sorts of crap in our bodies. thanks for the wonderful poem.

Posted 6 Years Ago


You open the door to a long conversation with the poetry. New world. Women must work and children are larch-key kids. Can it be changed. I don't believe. Man or woman need a job that can pay the bills. Few of them. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


This country is obsessed with drugs for every little thing it is bordering on the point of ridiculous. Reminds me of a chapter from Chuck Palahniuk's book Survivor were the main character is feed repeated doses of pills for one thing or the next them more to cover up the side effects those cause.

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This sounds like a generation gone awry, parents who want children but when they have them and when they act up they don't know what to do. So they turn to pills to calm them down, or medicate to keep under control. Great writing about how some parents just don't know what to do.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raw expression on the counterculture battling the belief that the parents are always right, no matter the circumstances. Of course, it's a case to case basis but I've seen enough guardians feed their kids Xanax or Tylenol to make them dizzy and put them to bed to know that sometimes the parent is wrong, even crossing the border to outright abusive in some situations, thriving off of the control they can derive from their reign over their child and being affected gravely by the shock of truth upon realizing that this control no longer exists as the child matures.

Interesting take on it, though, you capture all the feelings well from the maturing individual's side: from the acknowledgment of their own wishes and rights separate from that of their parents to the pretentious stance one takes as the first step (and only perceived one, at the time) towards independence. WEll done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kayleen! So sorry I put off reading this for so damn long. Man this is a staggering piece! So vivid! Especially like "function with a stolen soul". What else can be said, this is truly one of your best!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

not sure how to comment on this, it's raw, it's difficult to read sometimes as in the meaning of your words, what they display, but it's a wonderfull poem, you say it as it is, and if more people would begin to understand what you portray here in such little words .... well :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


That's RaW dear!...I think I'm right in saying the moms and dads of this piece deserve what they get and have the nerve to wonder why when all hell breaks loose. GOOD ONE! Sorry it took so long for me to come by.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

whoah, how do you comment on that? that was reality b***h slap from both sides of the hand...we are all products of some environment, label me this label you that, there is no escapism from that...a bitter aftertaste forms from this...loved it

Posted 13 Years Ago


Developing identity separate from one’s so called peers is a universal theme. Your take on the issue has been expressively executed. Well done!

Phil

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

665 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 21, 2009
Last Updated on June 4, 2010

Author

Kayleen
Kayleen

Anaheim, CA



About
Kayleen. 22. California. I Like Old School Punk Rock, Electro nonsense, and Katy Perry. The Mighty f*****g Boosh. Everything else amazing overseas we dont have here. I make movies, bad decisions.. more..

Writing
Not Capable Not Capable

A Poem by Kayleen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Kiss A Kiss

A Poem by RTB


Shattered Shattered

A Poem by RTB