Blame; Take Control

Blame; Take Control

A Poem by Kayleen

Its That God You Dont Believe In

Its That Family Youre Leaving

The Lies That You Arent Seeing

When You Tell Them To Yourself

And How Bout You?

What The F**k Did You Do?

Its Your Life Now Take It

How Much Worse Will That Make It?

You Say Who You Are Is Not Yourself

So Who's To Blame For Your Own Hell

You Say You Always Were Alone

Well If That's True The Fault's Your Own

Yet You Blame God

You'll Blame Your Girlfriend

You Blame Mommy

The Drugs Youre Taking

But How Bout You?

What The F**k Did You Do?

Well Its Your Life So F*****g Take It

If God's Not Real Than Nothing's Sacred

 

 

 

 

© 2010 Kayleen


Author's Note

Kayleen
Please leave a comment if you took the time to read it. thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
... brilliant!!! ... brutally introspective and thread bare ... i love how you don't mince words ... i love how you address the issue head on ... this verse embodies the beauty of direct and lucid verse ... it startles one and makes one sit up and think straight ... a soul-stirring write ... indeed ... "If God's Not Real Than Nothing's Sacred" ... (highest rating) ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

HA this sounds like something I would say in my head and wish I could say to my ex best friend and ex boyfriend. It's really cutting. I'm not a fan of the language, but it sure brings the emotion across. This must have been relieving to write. Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the last two lines a lot.
to me, it just kinda ties everything together.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hi Kayleen,

There are lots of apostrophies missing. A simple fix, but put them in. Also, as far as I'm concerned, the profanity is not welcome.

Now to the content. Yes, many people make their own hell. People need to stand up to the problems that they make for themselves. But I am confused. Does this person blame God or doesn't he believe in God? It doesn't seem like it can be both. So which is it? Yes, and if God doesn't exist, then nothing is sacred. So what of it? Are you mad about this? You can't get mad about people's beliefs. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs. You wouldn't want people to discount your beliefs, so you shouldn't discount theirs.

So I would say on the most part you bring up very nice points. However you go too far in parts.

As to the creativity and the execution of the poem, top marks. Very nicely done.

Very best regards,

Rick

Posted 13 Years Ago


Brutally honest.
Stop blaming the bullshit you do on everyone around you!
Ha. That's what i'm getting.
Wellll done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


You've spoken the truth, in an angry but sincere tone of voice. We keep looking for sacrificial lambs when we're the ones at fault. It is always the easy way out. It takes courage to understand that we are wrong, and it takes courage to admit it.

Brilliant write. With an amazing conclusion!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Strong beginning... and a completey fantastic ending!!! ... and I am in love with the lines...
"You Say Who You Are Is Not Yourself
So Who's To Blame For Your Own Hell"

I might have to steal that and use it in one of my songs! Great piece Kayleen!


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amazing piece! This a perfect, yet harsh view of what many people do and think. It is subtly touching, with just the right amount of harsh brutality and realism to make you really think. The meaning laced in the words is clear, and is made even clearer upon the second read. The piece is touching and cuts deeply with it's truth, and it really makes you think and open your eyes to what's going on. The feeling with which you wrote this is unmistakable. Keep writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is a very simple, yet very profound and strong piece of writing. I liked the flow of this piece a lot, Great work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


It stings, and is bittersweet.

So it's beauteous.
~Gage

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very blunt... I'm speechless much love on this one. Its a slight spit back in the face of the irresponsible.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

559 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 3, 2009
Last Updated on June 3, 2010

Author

Kayleen
Kayleen

Anaheim, CA



About
Kayleen. 22. California. I Like Old School Punk Rock, Electro nonsense, and Katy Perry. The Mighty f*****g Boosh. Everything else amazing overseas we dont have here. I make movies, bad decisions.. more..

Writing
Not Capable Not Capable

A Poem by Kayleen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Blackbird Blackbird

A Poem by Sara