RockST*R

RockST*R

A Poem by Kayleen
"

finished finally.

"

I want to be a rockstar

I wanna drive a fast car

Speeding down the boulevard

Breaking hearts through lines of cocaine

I want to be a superstar

Ill be dancing in the bars


Im earning my scars

Break through the glitter and the fame

Im gonna be everything I ever wanted

A preacher's daughter's most sordid dream

Nothing is ever gonna stop me

Im sick of living vicariously

Im gonna be a rockstar

Ill be driving fast cars

Strutting down some boulevard

Breaking hearts through lines of cocaine

Im gonna be a superstar

I know Im going far

Ive been earning my scars

breaking through the glitter and the fame

I want celebrity

Ill get all my drinks for free

Ill be your wildest dream

Everybody's eyes on me


Im gonna be everything I ever wanted

A preachers daughter's most sordid dream

Nothing is ever gonna stop me

Im sick of living vicariously

© 2011 Kayleen


Author's Note

Kayleen
if you took the time to read it, please take the 3 seconds more and leave a comment. thanks! also, any suggestions for a better song title?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a subtly ironic satire on the fame-game, that's how it clearly comes across to me... The temptation of selling yourself out just to escape the ordinariness of so-called normal life... And then you are no longer human..
"Im earning my scars
Break on through the glitter and the fame"
...These lines stood out for me most prominently as the epitome of what this poem stands for (or against) ...taking the scars as a payment for all you can gain..
The sentiment of this piece is very strong and very relevant to today's culture..I think what's neat and powerful about it is the double-edge it has, in the sense that anyone who desires all these soul-less, material, superficial and vain things would actually see these words as a positive affirmation of all that they desire in life..
A well-written and caustic piece of poetry, and expressive in almost a rock n roll style and structure and use of words. Good work.


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

haha, I freakin' loved this poem!

"Im gonna be a rockstar
Ill be driving fast cars
Strutting down some boulevard
Breaking hearts through lines of cocaine"

Inspired by Nickelback perhaps?

Posted 10 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Reminds me of whats the price to pay for a change of pace, a new life, a new persona and breaking free from the path that was lain out without the subjects opinion asked. We all want to rebel against what has been expected of us or from the ife that has been chosen without consent, its human nature.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like it.
Breaking free.
Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like it... although to be honest... a few of the lines have been used a variety of times in this kind of genre-driven song in the past... would have liked to see those lines like "I'll get all my drinks for free" etc written in another fashion as to shed some different light on the ideas within...

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a perfect, ironic view of the way fame is. I really liked this poem, and it really held a lot of meaning. Very well written!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very well written! The title is apt, I think there's no need to change it.

The flow is good, though I feel it can be improved at places. The poem seemed to be a very fast read. Surprising, for I always take time to read poems. I like this structure.

Its a very good read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Those are very impressive lyrics... they are certainly a surreal mockery of an industry more bout the money and look then then music... one of your best.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What's up with this comparing to Nickelback rubbish? Everyone should know that work should be rated on its own merits. You don't see the new indie bands getting compared to the Arctic Monkeys.

Anyway, I like how you mention drugs, and you put the theme of vulnerability into being fame as drugs and speeding is not legal so you make this rockstar thing a sort of thing that converts people to the DARK SIDE.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It reminds me far too much of Nickelback's "Rockstar" to be anywhere near original as lyrics. The flow and rhythm doesn't have the feel of a song either. It could use a bit of tweaking and editing, also there's the whole lack of grammar thing but that doesn't really matter when you're singing as long as you know how to pronounce the words.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a good piece of writing. I felt a sort of 'Joan Jett' vibe as I read through. Definitely more edgy rock feel than pop. I think this could be a good song with the right music.

I find it interesting that when people write about wanting to be a star of one sort or another, it almost always has to do with a very materialistic desire. Speaks volumes, I think.

~True

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

640 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 16, 2010
Last Updated on April 7, 2011
Previous Versions

Author

Kayleen
Kayleen

Anaheim, CA



About
Kayleen. 22. California. I Like Old School Punk Rock, Electro nonsense, and Katy Perry. The Mighty f*****g Boosh. Everything else amazing overseas we dont have here. I make movies, bad decisions.. more..

Writing
Not Capable Not Capable

A Poem by Kayleen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Blackbird Blackbird

A Poem by Sara