Untitled Drama Piece

Untitled Drama Piece

A Stage Play by Shawn Purcell
"

Some good old drama and romance

"

Mike - Will you give me a second chance?

Amanda - Why did you do it to me? Why would you let her kiss you?

Mike - (Nods)

Amanda - I though you wanted a second chance. Come on, defend yourself.

Mike - Fine, you want to hear it. You were right. I’ve been in love with her the whole time, but I swear, baby, I never wanted to hurt you like this.

Amanda - But you did. (pause) So where is she now? She doesn’t want to be with you now, does she? Now that you f*****g ruined everything between us she doesn’t want to s**t to do with you.

Mike - She wants to be together.

Amanda - Well, why are you here then?

Mike - Because I love you. When I she kissed me I wished she was someone else. I wished she was the person I was in love with, but she wasn’t. You’re the one I’m in love with. I’m sorry it took me having to kiss her to make me realize it.

Amanda - You lied to me.

Mike - No, I never lied. I’ve loved you since the night in your dorm room when we listened to the Wallflowers album and you told me how much you love me. I look into you in the eye and I said it back, and I meant it. The way I do now. I still loved someone else, and yeah, I know I lied to you about that but I was really lying to myself.

Amanda - I don’t know if I can buy that. You chose to put your self in a position where you were going to be alone with her. That was all your choice.

Mike - Well, -

Amanda - Why did you even go there in the first place?

Mike - She told me she wrote a new poem and she wanted me to read it.

Amanda - Why did you go?

Mike - I wanted to read the poem.

Amanda - What was the poem about?

Mike - I didn’t get a chance to read it. I just wanted to hang out with her. That’s all I swear.

Amanda - You wanted to be in a position where something might happen.

Mike - I guess so. You have no idea how bad she hurt me, and how much she put me through.

Amanda - Are you f*****g kidding? I saw it all, baby. I see the hurt every time I look you in the eye.

Mike - I don’t love her anymore. I love you. Please tell me it’s not too late. (pause while she cries) She’s not the person I thought she was. She’s not the person I was in love with, she’s exactly what you told me she was.

Amanda - That’s the second time you said that.

Mike - So?

Amanda - It sounds like you’re trying to convince yourself. (pause) Do you have any idea how much I had to go through watching you find that out? You’ll never know how much you hurt me, just like she’ll never know how much she hurt you.

Mike - One more chance. I’ll do whatever it takes to make it up to you.

Amanda - You cheated on me with the girl you love, why would you want to make it up to me? You got exactly what you wanted. I guess I should have expected this. I don’t think I can forgive you for this, not with her. Maybe someone else but not her. I’ve seen you around her and you’re not the same. You have this look in your eyes that’s only there when she is. I see it in you when you listen to Lifehouse. Its similar but not the same, its hurt.

Mike - I loved her.

Amanda - The verb tense doesn’t matter, you f*****g piece of s**t. You knew it was wrong. And for all I know you fucked her too. (sobbing hysterically).

Mike - We kissed for less than a minute. Why would I have told if I were going to lie?

Amanda - I don’t know, maybe you were lying to yourself or maybe you just needed to tell me to deal with your guilt.

Mike - Thirty seconds, maybe not even.

Amanda - I bet that was the best thirty second of your life.

Mike - (angry)  What do you want to hear? I told you she wants to be together, but I’m here aren’t I? Do you want to hear that I liked kissing her? Fine, I did like it. So what? I’m here right now, that’s what’s important.

Amanda - The only person its important to is you. You only care about what’s important to you. You have no f*****g idea what is important to me, or to anyone else. She knows it too. You ever think maybe that is why she didn’t want you. I know you like to be the star of your own romantic comedy where circumstances kept the two of you apart. Get a f*****g clue.

Leave. Just get the f**k out of here. I f*****g hate you right now.

(Mike leaves)

 

© 2013 Shawn Purcell


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on June 21, 2013
Last Updated on June 22, 2013
Tags: Drama, Romance

Author

Shawn Purcell
Shawn Purcell

Union City, NJ



About
I am a twenty eight year old writer who just recently switched gears. I spent eight years actively trying to make it as a musician, with very limited success. Even though I was not economically s.. more..

Writing