Secrets

Secrets

A Story by LynLee
"

"I know he's still out there. Whether the cops know it or not. He's watching and waiting to get me."

"

We basiclly walked to school everyday together. It was like he was Jake all over again. Maybe his soul got reincarnated into Connor. Then  I thought about how he was different from Jake. We did have a few dates every once in a while, but this one was different. It was all different when he asked me to come to his house for dinner. We went out to see a  movie.

"Hey May, do you want to go to the movies with me?" he said with a worried look and tone.

"Yeah, sure like all the other times right?"

"Well before we go see the movie I kind- of wanted you to....." He broke of his sentence and looked like he was in pain.

"Wanted you to what?"

"Meet my family over dinner." He looked like he was going to cry. I just couldn't say no.

"Of course I would. Why wouldn't I? Your family should be awesome, just like you."

He looked at me with a smile, but I could see he was still in his pained expression. I looked at his eyes. They still looked as if they were fake, but I still didn't know if they were.

The day came to meet his family. I was still a alittle worried. He met me at the door and smiled, but I didn't. This was the first time I realized this was Jake's old house. His parents moved out after he died. The walls that used to be yellow, were red. The stairs that used to carpeted, were wood. There weren't that many pictures around, only a few wedding pictures. Jake walked me into the kitchen where a woman was standing in front of a small TV. She put her nose in the air as if she was smelling us. "Connor! Your wearing your new cologne! I could smell it from here! This must be Jane! Welcome!"

"Mom! Her name is May!"

"Oh, yes, yes of course it is! My old mind can't remember everything!"

She was beautiful, but full of wrinkles. She looked as if she turned seventy. She had an apron on and it was covered in flour. She wore big, bulky glasses covered with smudges. The small TV was turned to the cooking channel,"I must get back to cooking! I've missed almost five steps! I hope you like home- made speghetti and meatballs!" I nodded my head and turned to Connor. "Oh Connor, last I talked to your father he wasn't in a good mood, so be ready when he comes home."

"Okay mom. Come on May let's go to my room." I nodded my head and he took my hand.

I knew exactly where his room was. It was Jake's old room. I felt sadness rush over me when I walked in there. It looked completely different. The old gray walls were blue. The old carpet was wood. There were magazines of skateboards and sport mags everywhere. A total man cave. "I have to use the bathroom, so just make yourself comfy." He smiled and kissed me on the cheek. I felt horrible when he kissed me on the cheek. It felt as if I was cheating on Jake. He walked out the room and I  sat on his bed. It was a little squeaky so I kind-of jumped when I sat down. I looked across the room and saw a TV with an Xbox next to it. An old desk was in the corner with a bullentin board covered in post-it notes a pieces of paper on it. Ther was a black laptop on top of the desk. It was closed, but I swore I could hear sounds coming from it. I looked next to me and turned on the lamp. In plain view was a key. I picked it up and wondered where it went. I looked at his drawer and saw there was a keyhole in it. I looked down the hall to see if he was coming. He wasn't. I stuck the key through it and turned. I opened up the drawer slowly, trying not to make a sound. I checked down the hall again. He wsas nowhere to be seen. I opened the drawer and only saw a notebook. It was a plain black and white notebook except it was colored by a red sharpie. Curiousity got the best of me and I opened it. "I have to write only one thing in this notebook. Once I do I will burn it and hope the crime goes with it. I have a secret. A secret only these pieces of paper may know." The door to the bathroom opened and I could hear Connor coming. I tore out the pages and stuffed them into my pocket. I closed the drawer and took out the key. Only to find it was stuck. I struggled to get it out, but it wouldn't budge. I panicked and threw a blanket over it. Connor walked into the room. "Miss me?"

"Mm, hm. Bunches."

He smiled at me. He had the most charming smile I've ever seen, but it was almost creepy and sly. "Ready to go eat?" I nodded my head and followed him out of the room.

© 2010 LynLee


Author's Note

LynLee
This is the second storyin a series!!!!!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow! i loved this! it was awesome! so well written! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 25, 2010
Last Updated on January 25, 2010

Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee