Ninja Rock PT1

Ninja Rock PT1

A Story by LynLee

 

Ninja rock PT. 1

 

 

"Tony! Come in! It's pouring out there."

"Alright mom!" I grabbed the last of my rocks and poured them into my bag. I ran into the house soaked in rain. "Oh honey, your drenched! Come in here and dry off." She held out a towel for me and I walked into the laundry room.

 

"Atleast I won't have to wash my rocks." I smiled up at her, but she was too busy drying me off. She started rubbing my hair and when she stopped I looked into the full length mirror and saw that my hair looked like a hedge hog. "Now go brush your hair and come down for dinner."

 

"But I was going to decorate my rocks tonight." I looked at her with pleading eyes. "Maybe if there's time after dinner and a shower." She smiled at me and headed for the kitchen. I yelled back at her,

"Maybe you can help me tonight?!"

"Maybe!" She yelled back.

* * *

I walked up to my room. I was still drenched and happy I didn't slip on the stairs. I closed my door behind me. I walked into my bathroom and clogged the drain with the stopper. I poured the rocks in and looked at each one. There was a traingular looking one, a round one and one that was almost like a blob. I turned on the water and let it sit.

I heard my mom yelling for me, so I ran into my closet and changed from my wet clothes to dry clothes. I started for my door when I remembered my hair. I freaked and went for my brush. I brushed while I ran down the stairs.

 

(I know what your thinking, "Why are you freaking out?" Well, to answer that keep reading!)

 

I got to the end of the stairs and my mom was there waiting. I was able to throw the brush into a closet at the top of the stairs. She took my hand and led me into the kitchen. There was about three more people than normal sitting at our dining room table.

 

"Everyone, this is my son Tony." They each said hello and I said hi back.

"Tony these are the business men I was telling you about." I remember them. My mom was a big market seller-person thing. I don't remember what she sells, but she get's paid good for it. She finally let me sit down and eat. I had pork, green beans and mashed potatoes. Everyone else had some kind of fancy food that I couldn't pronounce.

 

When I was finished with my eating all the men got up and asked my mom to talk in private. "Uh, Tony..."

"I already know mom, I'll be upstairs with my rocks." I heard some of the men giggle, so I just ignored them.

When I started to walk up the stairs I heard a man say, "With my rocks?" I heard every else laugh, except my mom.

"Uh, yes he collects rocks from outside and sometimes decorates them or turn them into characters. He's very imaginative."

"Sounds like it. Now back to business." I heard them all sit down, so I continued up the stairs.

 

I have to remember to thank her later. I walked back upstairs and into the office. I pulled down the box labeled, "Crafts." That was my my box. I pulled open the lid to check on everything. "Glue, check. Googly eyes, check. Markers," I drew all of them oon a piece of paper, "Check. Ribbon, check. Good, everythings here." I smiled to myself and closed the lid. I walked back to my room with the box under my arm.

 

I walked into my room leaving my door open. I put the box on my desk and went into the bathroom for the rocks. I scooped them onto a towel and brought them onto my bed. I rubbed them together until I knew they were dry. I poured them onto my mattress and looked them, one by one. "What will I make?" I asked myself. Normally by looking at the rock I'll get an idea, but I was brainless this time. I decided to walk downstairs for some water.

 

I started to walk into the kitchen, when I heard all the men talking with my mom. I peeked over the corner. Hopefully none of them could see me. I watched them as they listed out prices and names. I had no idea whhy, but I listened. I looked at each man, in there fancy suits and designer shoes. I saw one man get up and ask for the bathroom. My mom said down the hall to the left. I ducked into a closet as he walked down the hall. I decided to follow him.

 

When he got to the bathroom he looked right then left, then got something out of his suit. I was able to get a quick glimpse of it. It was some kind of magazine or book. I tried to look closer. He looked left then right again and kissed the book. He held it up and said, "Thank you." Then walked into the bathroom.

He took a comic book in there. I couldn't help, but laugh to myself. I wasn't able to get the title, but I could see the cover. It was something about some kind of ninja or something.

 

That's it! I'll make a ninja rock! I ran to the main hallway, going slow as I walked up the stairs, making sure they don't know i'm there. I finally got to the top and ran into my room. Closing the door and running to my bed. First I pulled out what I needed. I got tape, a black marker, two small googley eyes, and clear glue.

 

Now I just need a rock. I pushed that stuff aside and went back to my bed. "Okay, who's the lucky rock?" I stared them down. I felt kinda weird, so I just sat on my bed and looked at each rock. "Ugh, there all the same." I threw the one in my hand, only I missed my bed and it fell underneath it. I sighed again and got on my knees to get it.

 

It was hard becuase I can't fit underneath my bed and it had somehow gotten' way into the middle of it. I wonder if I kicked it and didn't notice it? I finally got my arm to stretch to it's fullest and I could it at my finger tips. I played with so that it would come closer. Finally it started to cooporate. I got it into the palm of my hand and pulled it back. I got up and threw it back onto the bed.

 

I looked at it and noticed that it wasn't the same rock that had went underneath the bed. It was a lot different, bigger and it was more round, yet it was square. I picked it back up and looked at it. I twisted it and turned it. It was perfect.

I fast- walked over to my desk. I didn't know why, but I was realy excited to do this rock. I didn't know if it was the ninja idea or the rock itself. I just knew I 'd be more excited when I finished it.

 

I turned on my desk lamp and pulled out the masking tape. I started to wrap the rock. Making sure that the tape was down and smooth. I made sure to leave a spot big enough for the eyes, becuase ninja's cover everything, but there eyes. When I finished that I cut the end and taped it down. I put a dab of glue to make sure it stayed. Next I pulled out the black sharpie. I started to color the tape. The black ink leaving a trail on the tape. I started with back then made my way to where the opening for the eyes was. I started with a big sharpie, now I used a skinny one to make sure I didn't get any black into the opening. Finally I got out the glue and the eyes. I dabbed little dots onto the eyes and an even tinier dot onto the opening where they'd go. I put the eyes, slowly, onto the tiny glue dots. When I got both of them onto it I held it up and looked at it in the light. Satisfied, I put it back down.

 

"There, now I have a ninja rock to protect my room." I laughed as I said that. I left the light on it to dry the glue. I opened up the first drawer on my left and took out my notebook. Inside the notebook I wrote down every rock I made. What it was and it's name. I stared at the names column. Usually my sister named them, but she can't anymore.

 

I wrote down the date, 8-17-2010, then what the rock was, a ninja, then the name. WHat should I name it? Soemthing foreign, I know that. Maybe, Lee, or Ching. Ling! Yah, that'll work. I wrote it down in the names column and closed the book putting it back into the drawer. I walked to my bed and gathered up the other rocks. I put them back into the bag. "Atleast I have a lot of other rocks to decorate, maybe mom will help." I hung them on a hook on my wall and went into my bathroom to take a shower.

* * *

When I got out I went to check on "Ling." He was already dry. I picked him up and took him to one of my shelves. It was covered with all my other rocks. On the shelf I taped numbers onto the bottom. When I made a new rock I put it on that number. Ling was number 47. I placed him there and smiled.

Chelsea would have liked this one. I almost cried when I thought of her, but I held it in and checked the rest of the rocks. Okay, all here. I walked over to my lamp and turned it off. I looked over to my clock and saw that it was already Eleven thirty. I yawned and got under my sheets. I looked back at the shelf full of rocks and closed my eyes.

© 2010 LynLee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Intresting idea, nice write.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
1 Review
Added on September 1, 2010
Last Updated on September 8, 2010

Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee