Stitches PT 1

Stitches PT 1

A Story by LynLee

"No. No, just leave me alone." I keep running, but trip on something hard. I end up twisting my ankle and it swells up immediatly. I rub it in pain. I look up. She is leaning over me now. I start to scream, even though I know no one can hear me. She starts to bring the knife down, but my alarm clock wakes me up first.

"Thank god." I said to myself. I walk inot my bathroom and start to wash my face. I look in the mirror and just stare at myself. I didn'y know why, but I had the feeling that something was different about me. I stood there staring at myself. Maybe my eyes changed color again? I didn'y know, they still looked green, just like yesterday. I put that thought in the back of my  head and walked into my closet to get my pajama pants on. I  looked down at my feet and saw little drops of a red liquid splash on them. "What the......?" But I only finished the sentence with a scream.

 

I was rushed to the hospital. I was turned on my stomach and I could feel the long needles and thread going through my skin. Oh the pain! I was numbed only a little, from medicine and from being so freaked out. How did this happen?, I kept thinking. I felt the nurse pull on the needle and I winced in pain.

"I'm sorry. Did you feel that?" I nodded. I couldn't talk. The numbness was waring off, and fast. I bit hard on my lip to keep from scremaing out loud.

Finally I heard them put the needles and thread down and I could turn over. First I peered down on my legs. From the top of my thigh down to my ankle, were stitches. The horrible, bloody stitches.

"We'll be back in a few minutes with bandages and wet towels to clean you up." She smiled and walked out the door. I tried moving my legs and winced in pain. I looked around. All I saw was a white room with a tiny window with a sliver of sunlight coming through. I looked down at my legs again. "How did this happen?" I said to myself.

"That's what I'd like to know." I looked up to see a man in a white coat looking at a clip board. He was maybe mid-forties with small rimmed glasses and had a small beard forming. He smiled and walked towards the bed. I moved myself back with my hands and winced at the pain in my legs. 

"Does the pain bother you?" He asked. I looked at him with a stern look. Was this guy an idiot? Of course it hurt!

"Ah yah, stupid question." H e looekd me over then looked back at the clip board. Shuffling through the papers he put it back on a hook and walked over to me. He took my arm and checked my pulse.

"Your heartrate is a little high. Would you like some water?" He smiled and brought me a small glass of water. He laid it down on the  table next to me and dropped a pill in it.

"What is that?" I said.

"Pain medicine. It will help with the bleeding and with, well, the pain." He said laughing to himself. I only smiled and sipped the water. I put it back down and laid back on the soft pillow. He sat down in a chair across from me and pulled it towards the side of the bed. He picked up the clip board again and started looking at some papers.

"Ah, here it is. It says here that you had therapy for bad nightmares? Is that correct?"

"Yes." I nodded.

"Would you mind telling me about these nightmares?"

'Here we go again,' I thought. More questions, more answers from me, no solution.

"Yes I would mind." I said to him. He sighed and sat back in the chair.

"May I ask why?" He said.

"I believe you already did." I said sarcastically. He smiled and stood up again. He held the clipboard to his side and stood at the edge  of the bed.

There was a knock at the door and he signaled for soemone to come in. The nurses came in, pushing a large cart. followed by my parents. My mom had tears in her eyes and my dad was hugging her. My mom looked at me and smiled. I smiled back to show her I was fien, then the nurse started to touch my leg and I screamed in pain.

My mom started to tear up again and I just put my head down.

"Please sit down." The doctor said. I had just realized I didn't know his name.

"Okay, since  we are all here I think it is time to answer the question of 'What the heck is going on?" Everyone nodded, even the nurses.

He looked around and nodded. Picking up the stupid clipboard again he started to read about the therapy sessions and how I'd sleep walk and yadah yadah, blah, blah. Finally he got to the part we wanted to hear.

"And this, I think, is what caused her to get cut up like this. I think she did it to herslef." Everyone held their breath and then I started to scream, but not from pain. 

"You think I did this to myself?! Why would I be dumb enough to get enough stitches in my legs to repair the golden gate bridge?" I kept scremaing on and on, until one of the nurses pulled the bandage on my leg so tight, I felt my bloodd stop. Then I started to scream in pain.

"Thank you Peg." Said the doctor. She smiled  and I started cursing under my breath.

 

"What are you saying Dr.Corley?" My mom said. Ah, so Dr.Corley and nurse Peg for my hitlist. Got it.

"I think these 'nightmares' are causing her to react and make seem as if the are real." We all looked at him with a puzzled look. He sighed while rolling his eyes as if we were idiots. "When people have nightmares they can scream in there sleep, they can start to walk, others will become destructive and some can make it seem that the nightmare was real without remembering a thing," He looked at me as if I was example A, which I was.

"She started to cut herself without knowing it. It was out of fear. I am not sure what she used, by looking at the cuts it was with something very old. As if it was knife used in the civil war!" He started laughing, but we stared at him as if he were crazy, which I think he was. Finally he stopped laughing and came back to being a doctor.

"What I think you should do is for a few nights tie up her hands and feet so that she cannot get up and move. Another thing is to take this medicine." He wrote down a prescription and handed my dad the paper.

"What is it?" My dad asked.

 

"This medicine  will just help you sleep easier. That's all. It may have some side affects. Maybe stay from school a few days." He smiled as if I was one of those kids thst dreaded school. 

He walked out of the room with the nurses following behind him, giggling.

"Wow." I said. My parents just sighed and then a nurse came in with a weird looking wheel chair. It had the same figure as a normal wheel chair, but where the feet were, they were stretched out, as if you had to lay on it. The nurse set the wheel chair beside the bed and talked to my parents for a while.

Finally she left and my parents told me that I wheel myself around it for the few weeks and that I can go back to school on wednesday.

We got back home on monday night. I loved sitting and laying in my own bed. The hospital bed was brutal. 

I thought about going back to school. Obviously everyone has heard about this. And I really don't have any friends. I've seen what the people do at my school to kids in wheel chairs and kids who 'purposley' cut themselves.

"Can't I just be homeschooled?" I told my parents.

"Oh don't worry sweetie, I'm sure your friends will have a ball of fun with you even though your in a wheel chair for a while." She smiled sweetly and my dad gruffed not looking up from his paper. Yah, I lied and told my mother I had friends. Either that or more therapy.

I thought of what they would do to me at school. I kpet thinking of faking and saying, "Can't the teachers just come over here?"

Then I had little flashes of what the "populars" do at school to others kids in the school.

Yippee! I'm the girl everyone gets to push down the stairs!

© 2010 LynLee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It didn't really make much sense, and I saw a lot of errors, so maybe edit it and make it more fluid? Also, there were a lot of sentences that started with I. I would combine sentences or add details to make it seem like less. For example, instead of having, ""I'm sorry. Did you feel that?" I nodded. I couldn't talk." you could have, ""I'm sorry. Did you feel that?" I nodded, speechless." Or something like that. Also, when you kept saying that she was screaming in pain, that wasn't really believable. Maybe say that she flinched in pain instead? It has potential, you just need to go back and edit a bit =)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Interesting. I can't wait to read the rest.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is soooooo good! I want you to write more because I love it!!!!! Message me when you post another piece. The only problem I saw was a few spelling errors, but over all this story has the potential to become great!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 9, 2010
Last Updated on November 9, 2010

Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee