SpellBook

SpellBook

A Story by LynLee

I had been avoiding the main hall for a while now. Thankfully they hadn't found the way I now take. I was turning a corner when I ran into Steve Curic. Shiz, they found my way.

 I started picking my things up, shoving them back inside my bag. I reached for my idea journal, the journal I write all my writing ideas in, when suddenly a freakishly large foot was on it.

I looked up to see Steve smiling down at me, but it wasn't a friendly smile. I stood up trying to extend to my full height of 5'1. He reached down and grabbed my journal, "Hmm what do we have here Goth girl? Your Spell book?" I heard some of his friends snicker behind them.

"No, Stevie boy, just some pictures of you kissing your mom." Suddenly they all went quiet.

"That ain't funny." He was quickly three millimeters from my face. I tried to shrink down, but it was no use to his glare. Behind me I heard some doors opening and three annoying laughs that I would always recognize. 

"Well look what we have here." Steve said. "Hey Kat get over here." I turned to glare at the perfect tanned, blond haired and bright blue eyed Kat, possibly the most evil girl on the planet.

She glanced at me and walked over to embrace Steve with a kiss. While they were kissing I make a quick dash for my journal, but his friends pulled me back harshly. I squirmed until my tiny muscles gave out. Kat turned to me and tsk-tsked me.

"Ah poor Elana. All bound up I see. Perhaps we should just burn you at the stake now." The jerks holding me laughed. She immediatly cut them off. She looked me right in the eye. She reached back and Steve gave her the journal. She waved it in my face. I tried to wriggle free, but I couldn't make even the slightest move.

"Is this what your making all the fuss about Goth girl?" She smiled and opened it up. I watched most of my sticky notes and pieces of paper fall to the ground and start to float away. Again I tried to get free and save the notes that were so important to me.

"Oops." Kat said. She started flipping some of the pages. Suddenly she stopped and looked at Steve.

"I think we inspired little Elana here." She started smiling down at me.

She handed the book to Steve and came over to brush my hair out of my face.

"Oh, maybe if you used your natural color and didn't have so much eye liner on, you might be pretty."

"And maybe if you weren't such a s**t, people would like you." She scowled at me and walked away.

"Well." Said Steve. I watched him close my journal and hold it to his side. "Isn't that a mean way of trying to make us sound bad."

"I don't have to 'try' to make you sound bad. You are and everyone knows it." I said smiling. I knew what they had been reading.

And they thought it would be one of my stories.

Steve walked over to one of his buddies standing to the side.

"Hey man, let's practice our 2-34." His friend smiled and took the journal. I remember that football players use numbers to say there plans, or passes and stuff. I tried to get out. His friends wouldn't budge. Then his friend held the journal in his hand, started to pull it back and threw it. Steve backed up closer to the fountain in the middle of the yard.

"NO!" I yelled. I stomped my foot hard on the guy to my right, and was able to break loose of the one on the left. I ran and stopped when I heard a faint "plop."

I saw papers on the ground and could see more floating to the top of the fountain. I stood there and watched my journal float to the bottom. Kat came up behind me, encircling me in her hands. 

"Ah, poor goth girl. Lose your spell book?" She and her buddies started laughing. Steve over to the guy and yelled "Touchdown!" holding his hands up. They high-fived and walked away with Kat giving me an evil eye.

*           *   *

I walked home, sad. My journal was gone. My ideas I had been writing for over two years. Gone.

I got in my house and went up to my room. Thankfully my parents weren't home.

 

My room is the attic. I begged my parents to let me have it because they said it was too far away and dark for me. But it's where I get most of my ideas from.

I sat down and started to roll my pencil up and down my desk.

Suddenly I heard a knocking coming from my bookshelf. I turned around and saw a book starting to slide out. On it's own.

I walked over and just before it fell to the floor, I caught it.

It was glowing a slight red and had a devil face on it.

My real book of spells.

I smiled. The book only did this when it knew it had to be used.

Technically Kat and Steve were right. My journal was sort-of my spell book, but it was only on things and people I want to use it on.

And now I can use it to get them back.

Kat thinks she and Steve are the hottest couple in school, just wait till I'm done with them.

© 2011 LynLee


Author's Note

LynLee
Watch for the second part, SpellCast, coming soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked it. It reminds me of Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Not too serious, not perfect, but it's okay writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Loved it keep it up!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very well written; with lots of interesting ideas. Good work can't wait for the next part.

--M

Posted 13 Years Ago


well done. Well detailed, sorry about the late replies.

Posted 13 Years Ago


oh my, that was adorable (and pleas dont let that offend you i meen it in the best possibe way) :) i love the surprise ending and cant wait for the next part!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

446 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2011
Last Updated on April 13, 2011

Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee