SpellCast

SpellCast

A Story by LynLee

Finally the bell rang. The last half hour I was either asleep or doodling in my journal. I put my things in my bag and walked into the hall. I started walking to my locker when I heard some screaming. I looked out over my locker door and saw Steve playing with a lighter. He was holding it up to Kat's face.

"Steve! Stop it!" She was hitting him and slapping him on the arm.

"Oh come on Kat. You know it's just for fun!"

She eyed him, "Yes and it could get us all off the football team or cheering squad." Another door opened down the hall and he hid the lighter behind his back.

Mr. Conway walked down the hall towards them. He passed them without noticing anything weird. "Hello Steve, Kat."

"Hello Mr. Conway." He nodded his head and started to follow him down the hall. Towards me.
I didn't notice it at first, but it was too late when I did.

"Oh, my! Elana is that a ciggarette lighter!" I turned around to see what they were talking about. Kat was pointing to my bag and something was poking out. Something that wasn't mine. Mr. Conway paused in the hall and turned around.

"What was that Kat?" He looked at all of us with raven eyes. Everyone at school knew he was one of the toughest teachers. In and out of classes or school.

"Mr. Conway I think you should report Elana here to the principal."

"And why is that Kat?" She pointed to my bag and I looked down. Sure enough Steve's lighter was there.  Mr.Conway looked at it and reached for it. When he had it I backed into the locker and started to slide down until I was sitting.

"Elana Johnston, you will report to the principal now!" I simply stood up and walked down to the principal. I could hear Steve and Kat laughing.

*       *    *

The principal let me off with a warning. Thankfully he believed my story of it not being mine and won't call my parents, but because of school rules I had detention. That wasn't so bad, since I'm not going to be there anyway.

I walked down back to my locker. I missed all of fourth period and needed to get things for fifth. I did my combo and heard a door opening.

"Oh come on Steve, just once. No one will know."

"Okay Erin. But only once!"

"Alright."

I watched it from behind my locker door. They went inside a closet. Then I heard some more giggles down the hall. Kat was coming.

My plan was working.

 

I watched them walk into a bathroom.

I walked over casually to a fire alarm. I was watching the halls and I looked into the corner where a camera was. I swiftly flicked my hand and the camera's little red light went down. I looked down the hall again and when the coast was clear, I pulled it.

Lights were flashing and the alarm was buzzing. I heard people coming out of rooms and I ran into a closet. It had the little vents in the door and I watched people run by as I smiled.

*                     *                            *

"Is that the fire alarm?" Jade said to Liza.

"Oh don't worry, it's just a drill." Kat said while applying her mascara.

"Won't we get in trouble for not being there for roll call?" Liza whimpered.

"Oh don't be such a scaredy cat. We'll simply tell them we didn't want to get trampled so we hid under the bleachers outside."

Jade and Eliza looked at eachother and looked at Kat. "I don't think I want to do that. I'm going to go out."

"I'll come with you Jade." They walked to the door and pushed it open. Some more people rushed by and then they walked out.

Kat took in a deep breath then looked at herself in the mirror.

"I could use some eyeliner." She started to rumage through her purse, but couldn't find the eyeliner.

"Jade probably still has it." She walked to the door, but then the lock clicked.

Elana smiled to herself while the eyeliner appeared in her hand. She dropped it to the ground and walked to a classroom.

Kat pushed the door, but it wouldn't open. She knocked a few times, but no one came and it wouldn't open.

"Hello? Is someone there? The door is locked, and I'd like to get out. Hello, please?"

She started banging on the door. She was starting to freak out. She banged harder, but no one came to her rescue. Then the smell of smoke entered the bathroom.

*           *  *

I finally had Erin with me. The hottest girl in school. Hotter than Kat. She sat on my knees and took my face in her hands. She started kissing me. My hands were on her back and I moved them lower and lower. She sat back and smiled at me. Her hands went to the bottom of her shirt. Just when she started pulling up, the fire alarm went off. We both rolled our eyes and she took her hands down. She got up and I stood up.

"Well, maybe another time." She said and clutched me into another kiss. I had to pull away from her for air. She smiled and bit her lip. I looked through the little vent in the door and when it was all clear I opened it and we walked through. We went seperate ways so that people wouldn't think we were together.

I let her take the short way, so I was stuck with the long one. I was just a couple of hallways from the door when I smelled smoke.

I thought it was a drill?

The farther I walked the thicker it got. I held my sleeve up to my mouth and tried to to breathe so much in. I was only a corner away when I saw a classroom on fire. I backed away from it and started to run the other way. Quicker than I expected I was back to the closet. I was about to walk to the main hallway when I heard banging on a door. It was hard to hear it with the alarms ringing.

I listened to each door, but I couldn't find it. Finally I saw a door vibrating. I got closer and I heard someone screaming.  

"Hello? Is someone there? The door is locked and I'd like to get out. Hello, please?"

*             *                                  *

He could tell it was Kat's voice. He rushed over to the girl's bathroom. Steve pulled on the door, but it wouldn't open. Finally he found an emergency ax on the wall. He broke the glass and took it.

"Stand back!" He yelled to her. He hit the door lock and it burst open and Kat came rushing out to hug him.

"I thought I was going to be stuck in there forever!"

"Oh you will be." I said. They both turned around and I held my hand up to my mouth and blew into it. A burst of fire came out and they back into the bathroom, sheilding there faces from the fire. The fire from the classrooms was catching up to us, but I didn't care.

"Elana, what the hell!" Steve said. He was still on the ground, holding Kat.

"I think you know perfectly well Stevie- boy." Kat turned over and looked at me.

"Elana what are you thinking?" I turned to her and could feel my hands getting hot.

"Why are you asking stupid questions? You both know just what you did!"

They looked at eachother with plain expressions. They were accually trying to think of what they did wrong!

"Well, what is your answer?" I asked. I couldn't wait any longer. They just looked back at eachother. Finally I lifted my hands and all the mirrors broke into a million pieces, showering Kat and Steve. Then all the faucets broke loose, but water didn't come out. Fire did. Kat and Steve screamed. Holding eachother to the point  that they were purple. I put my hands down and it only died down a little.

"Uh oh. Looks like I don't have full control on my powers yet. That's going to be a problem." Kat and Steve looked at me again. Just behind me the big fire was entering the bathroom. Kat screamed and she held on to Steve.

"Please Elana! Let us go." I put my finger to my chin and looked like I was thinking.

"Uh, no. You had your chance for apologies." The fire entered to bathroom and joined all the fire already in the bathroom. I simply walked out of the bathroom and never turned around. The last thing I heard were the last screams of Kat Nicks and Steve Curic.

*     *  *

"The reports say that it was simply a lighter catching a paper on fire that got out of hand. So far they have found two bodies inside the building. Those of Steve Curic and Kat Nicks, inside what is left of the girl's bathroom, burned to death."

  

I watched the school burn. I had no traces of being inside the fire. I guess I did have my powers under control.

 

"Isn't it sad? Steve and Kat?" I turned to look at the boy next to me. He was tall, dark and handsome. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"I'm Tom." He held out his hand and I shook it. "Wow your hands are hot."

I looked back  at the school.

"I think they kinda deserved it." I said changing the subject. He looked back at me, but his smile was gone.

"Why would you think that?"

I turned to him with a laugh and a smile.

"Let me tell you a story about a poor goth girl getting rid of some bullies."

© 2011 LynLee


Author's Note

LynLee
sorry its so late if you would like to know what the boy thought after she told him note me and I'll tell you....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very creative. Story tone and story line too.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
1 Review
Added on May 5, 2011
Last Updated on May 5, 2011

Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee