Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Peter Regal Whittam

Dear Stranger, 

 

I am honestly rendered clueless when I look for a legitimate reason for suddenly deciding to do this. Accessing torturous emotions, exhuming a past I had managed to bury after months of struggles and self-harm, all of it seems so momentous, yet so equally pointless when I fail to see a purpose to it. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure on what I plan on writing. Perhaps it's because I'm so partial to the art of writing that I have finally decided to pen down everything I had bottled up for so long, as a channel or a path, if you will, to my escape. 

 

However, before I begin, here are a few words. It has reached my ears that you had spread countless lies about me after everything that has happened between us. Just because I did not stand up in protest against them doesn't mean I don't know of them. The only reason my brash self has kept quiet about the rumors is because there is no reason I find important enough to actually stand up against a person so devoid of integrity and personality. With that being said, let me make something very clear. Do not take this as an excuse to create even more rumors about me. This is not more material to feed your rigmarole of lies, the web you've spun around me. 

 

What I say in this letter aren't the words of a hung-over, desperate, emotional wreck of a human shell you had left me. These are the thoughts of a logical, rational brain. Yes, what the events I'm going to recount did have a significant impression on me, but I write to express, not to whip storms in teacups. 

 

Everything I say to you here, I say with a sane mind, unaffected by petty feelings of hate, or even the slightest touch of dislike. I hold no grudge against you, as impossible as that may sound. All I ask is a little bit of patience, enough to take you through the entire letter. There will be moments where you might want to throw it down in sheer exasperation or irritation, but I urge you to stick to it. There might be something to interest you at the end. No promises, but I can only hope you’ll keep on reading, just in a sense as to humor me. So, without further ado, allow me to begin.

 



© 2014 Peter Regal Whittam


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
Added on November 5, 2013
Last Updated on September 2, 2014


Author

Peter Regal Whittam
Peter Regal Whittam

Chittagong, Bangladesh



About
Hello, I'm Peter, a hobbyist writer. I have always had an attraction towards what I like to call "text-based art", but my passion for writing did not bloom until recently, and it has been growing ever.. more..

Writing