Welcome to the Family

Welcome to the Family

A Story by Jofer Serapio
"

Written for Fiftywordfiction. It's a club where we write prose on a strict "fifty word count".

"

First dinner with her parents, first big dinner with everyone else. Her sisters and cousins; her nieces and nephews, uncles and aunts; and her grandfather are all seated, curious at my smile. The wafting smell of good food blended well with good company. Welcome to the family, she kissed me.

 

© 2009 Jofer Serapio


Author's Note

Jofer Serapio
Image Disclaimer: I do not own the image included. I just found that it suited my piece so there you go. Special thanks to the original artist.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

For a moment there I thought this peice was just going to be a long list of family members.. until the final line cinched it and painted a warm and fuzzy picture. I enjoy pieces like this... there is so much heartache in the world, it is nice to read a happy piece like this. :)

Great family ink! ;p

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

828 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 12, 2009
Last Updated on January 19, 2009

Author

Jofer Serapio
Jofer Serapio

Paranaque City, Metro Manila, and Kalibo, Aklan, Philippines



About
Pepe | bibliophile | coffee junkie | (pro)feminist | straight edge | writer Script Frenzy 2011 Art has no boundaries This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-.. more..

Writing