The Secret

The Secret

A Story by Rachelle
"

A romance, non-fiction, memoir, tragedy featuring me.

"

This story is based on actual events. I wish it wasn’t, but it is.

 

Exposition: I introduce myself as a blond, fifteen year old girl with four brothers and sisters who often play basketball at the local court. We also briefly meet Jose Anibal, a boy of fifteen also. At the end of a basketball game one of Jose’s companions come over and tell me that Jose wants to talk. I go over and we hit it off really well. What started as a friendship quickly turned into something more. In other words, we fell for each other.

 

Inciting Incident: My siblings, cautious from past fiascos involving guys and myself, take this new development as calmly as possible warning me ardently to keep my cool and be “friendly” not “friendlier.” I ask my parents if I could go on a date with Jose, but they flatly refuse saying “Not him, or anyone else for that matter.” They offer a possible friendship as the only type of permitted relationship. I go away defeated, but attempt to make the most of the situation.

 

Rising Action: For the next week or so, I was lost in a world of my own, “walking on sunshine”, as some might put it. But one day enough just wasn’t enough anymore. I disobeyed my parents and kissed Jose. If I wasn’t caught by Joe I might still be in a no-win relationship. From then on everything went downhill. Still, I was somehow blinded by his brilliance and I continued to see him in secret. We had begun a forbidden love affair full of secret meetings. I was juggling a web of complex lies on the verge of blowing up in my face with every move I made.

 

Climax: Then, one Tuesday afternoon as I was walking home from the cinema with her brothers and sisters, I saw Jose standing outside a bar puffing on a cigarette. Of course, I wouldn’t have been so upset if he hadn’t told me that he was a non-smoking, non-drinking, Christian boy. Yeah, right! I began to wonder if he wasn’t lying about everything.  Did he really love me? Or was he just pulling my leg? If he would lie about this why wouldn’t he lie about me being the only girl in his life? He probably has phonebooks full of girls to string along. Of all the immature things I could’ve done, this takes the cake.

 

Falling Action: I staggered home under the pressure of my own disbelieving heartache and when I got home I broke down and cried like a baby on the bathroom floor. I was angry, I was hurt, I was wishing I hadn’t even met Jose and I took out my hateful emotions on my innocent family. I wanted to run away, but where to? Not to Jose, that was sure. I had nowhere to go. I couldn’t run away from my problem. I had to look it in the eye and tell it to get lost or I’d never be happy again. That night I dreamt that my life was back to its normal, cheery self. I dreamt that I had forgiven and forgotten about Jose, and that I was doing better than ever, focusing on things other than guys.

 

Resolution: I chose to make my dream a reality and I dumped that lying cheater hog on his face and restarted my life as a normal, fun-loving teenager. My parents love me and I have a bright future ahead of me. That just goes to show that secrets can be very harmful. Thank God, life goes on. Like Taylor Swift says “I’ve found time can heal most anything, and you just might find who you’re supposed to be” Let’s just say, I’m glad it’s over.

 

My advice: Forget about guys and secrets and romance until you’re older.

© 2010 Rachelle


Author's Note

Rachelle
So, what do you think, people?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are very wise. I give only one comment on love. Take your time. Don't rush into it. Slow and easy make the journey into love a proper and good journey. Your story is true. Never judge a book by its cover. People will twist-up stories to be able to use and abuse. Last lines were correct. Life is long and opportunities will come when you are ready. A excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 3 people found this review constructive.

guys can be such jerks... but at least you were able to rise above :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I would like this story better if it hadn't been about me.

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

504 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 4, 2010
Last Updated on March 9, 2010
Tags: Romance, Non-fiction, Memoir, tragedy

Author

Rachelle
Rachelle

Panajachel, Solola, Guatemala



About
I'm a Canadian teenager. I live in Guatemala. I love horses and hummingbirds. I love playing basketball everyday. Smile, Rachelle loves you. I have the habit of falling in and out of love at an alarm.. more..

Writing
Angelita Angelita

A Poem by Rachelle





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5