Big Ben

Big Ben

A Poem by Julie Spade
"

The Big Ben in his finest.

"
Ben strikes it numbers, its lonesome memories, and the glory England ultimately strived for.
The beauty it beholds within its volts and screws.
Loyalty and pride filled my senses as i stared upon the Great Big Ben.

© 2014 Julie Spade


Author's Note

Julie Spade
What do you invision as you read this poem?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Loyalty and amazement to see and hear something so beautiful. I quite enjoyed it. Hope you keep writing. Thank you. It would almost become a ritual to hear that sound. What I wondered was, if it were to stop, would everyone notice? I think I would.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I envision...
A man.
Staring.
Staring up.
In awe.
Remembering.
Remembering his
"Loyalty and pride"

This poem is so...hmm...so....strong. And, I'm not sure why, but the first sentence is so powerful to me.
lissalovesyou:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


I live in London and get to see Big Ben quite often. I thought your poem nicely reflected how every 'brit' feels when seeing it. The big ben is somewhat iconic to the history of england and the english pride. I love the 2nd line, it's an interesting notion to write about, in that there is such beauty behind the great glass and stone sculpture that indicates time. Behind what everyone sees, is something much greater than the whole, something much more beautiful than the outside. Keep writing, great stuff! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


WOW, i can see it striking the numbers one by one and everyone in England looking up at the clock. GREAT JOB!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Julie Spade

10 Years Ago

Applause for your enthusiasm, Kasaundra! You words really hit me hard (in a positive way) . Thank Y.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

313 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 6, 2014
Last Updated on January 8, 2014
Tags: pride, loyalty

Author

Julie Spade
Julie Spade

The City Of Lights, NY



About
Hello everyone! Pray that everyone is having an amazing day! I am Julie Spade with the age of 17 currently. To start off with the "about me" aspect I am extremely social, out going and mostly open to .. more..

Writing
18 18

A Poem by Julie Spade