Pepsi

Pepsi

A Poem by Julie Spade

Dominating nations
Entertaining the boring
Energizing the sick
Taste which jumps and fizzes within your mouth .

Open the can with glee
Letting the gas go free
Drink. Swallow. BURP!
Shocking to see the weight scale
Bought new jeans in Macy's ,

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIlLLLlLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

© 2014 Julie Spade


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Commercials tell such expressive tales! And all the rocking vids! and rhythms - models and energy!
And the scale ...has to be lying, HAS TO! and-yet-nothing-fits-right.

Well spoken, good tones ...perfect choice of final line.

One note though - you caught an "I" in the stream of "L"s.

Posted 10 Years Ago


ha!!! this is a diffrent poetry.

Open the can with glee
Letting the gas go free
Drink. Swallow. BURP!

I like this lines.

Posted 10 Years Ago


interesting poem, I see how You took a delightful poke at commercialism. Excellent Job! i think I want a Pepsi now. lol

Posted 10 Years Ago


Oh no! Darn that Pepsi! Delightful poem :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Ha!! This is a hilarious and rewarding criticism of consumerist culture. It reminds me of the "Fizzy Lifting Drinks" in the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie. My favorite part is the hyperbole of the line, "energizing the sick!" It may be true that many mothers give their children soft drinks to help upset stomachs when they are ill, but this kind of ridiculous claim is also what makes advertising so consistently ludicrous!! I always try to give actually constructive criticism, so if you want any suggestions I will just say that I think you could actually ramp up the ridiculousness a little. Tongue in cheek style, so that it is obvious you are being ridiculous but you are not letting it on...You already have done that, clearly, but I think it could be even more satirical. There are so many ridiculous claims to draw from in advertising. Well done though, great way to make a mockery of the psychological trickery of advertisers!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Robert Tusitala O'Neill

10 Years Ago

Hi there, bro! I didn't even know I had that power, but I am glad to share the poems I find worthwh.. read more
Rasi Rana

10 Years Ago

Yeah she is!!)) n keep sharing, that's why we are here. Spread the Light :)
Robert Tusitala O'Neill

10 Years Ago

I will shine a spotlight on whatever I find this worthy! Thanks, bud!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2014
Last Updated on January 9, 2014

Author

Julie Spade
Julie Spade

The City Of Lights, NY



About
Hello everyone! Pray that everyone is having an amazing day! I am Julie Spade with the age of 17 currently. To start off with the "about me" aspect I am extremely social, out going and mostly open to .. more..

Writing
18 18

A Poem by Julie Spade



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Details Details

A Poem by Lexi Jackson