Nirvana

Nirvana

A Poem by Julie Spade

Head-banging til I lose my blood within my head 
Refusing the thought of having my own babe fed 
guitar strings shriek and yell , under the battered shed 
Splattered in the such abundant acne ,
 the shade of red, I can NOT believe that m**********r is dead!




© 2014 Julie Spade


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Rock on, little wing, I am so glad to pay homage to this band with you!! They were MINE, as much as anyone's when they were new, and I am still as shocked he is gone as the day I heard. Sorry to be a conspiracy theorist, but his wife has acted guilty since the day it happened (and before). I personally believe Tom Grant. Courtney wasn't there, but she made sure someone was...The same someone who placed his wallet and drug container next to his body, neatly packed away...Not the act of a person who had several times a lethal dose in his system...A dose that would have killed a person twice his size and left them with a needle sticking out of their arm -had they been ALONE. How was it his hair was so combed, despite a gaping wound to the back of the head? Why did Courtney have to call an electrician to check that room above the garage, after hiring a private investigator to search all the other rooms of the house -telling him specifically to skip the garage? Why did she have all her friends and family sign gag orders requiring them to stay silent on the matter? Why did the bass player for her band Hole end up dead within months -with her house all packed up in a UHaul in her driveway? How many more signs have to point to Courtney before charges are leveled against her? Even her own daughter suspects.

Okay, enough about that! This is pure kick-a*s rock poetry!! I love that you don't shy away from citing gross neglect as an attribute of the rock and roll lifestyle. This just reeks of rock like a yeasty festival goer who has been sleeping in a tent for a week and partying every night, watching band after band each day! You get it, and I really like how you capture it without sanitizing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Don't use dear abusive language in your lovely poem....It is for your angry baby...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Robert Tusitala O'Neill

10 Years Ago

Say, Ssadd, I think you are missing the attitude that she is conveying in this piece. It isn't mean.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 30, 2014
Last Updated on March 24, 2014

Author

Julie Spade
Julie Spade

The City Of Lights, NY



About
Hello everyone! Pray that everyone is having an amazing day! I am Julie Spade with the age of 17 currently. To start off with the "about me" aspect I am extremely social, out going and mostly open to .. more..

Writing
18 18

A Poem by Julie Spade