The Woman In The Scarlett A

The Woman In The Scarlett A

A Story by Julie Spade
"

A young girl, watches Hester Prynne being slandered by the crowd, even her own mother screams "husky"! The young child forgives Hester and believes it is wrong and calls her a brave soul.

"

Dear freed spirit, self and ever blossoming journal,

       Intensified sun and heat strikes onto our dull and bleak colored aprons as we sinful maidens feasted onto the unclean atmospheres of the self-made hatred, which was witnessed and praised by the devil himself; towards  the tall and everlasting Goddess of beauty, Hester! Who committed the sin of adultery... Her name, carelessly thrown from throat to throat like a lifeless object, in the sense of a microscopic germ that seemed almost infectious! My ill - mouthed mother yelled " husky" to the woman with a red A on her breast. Sympathy was all I had for the crowds and for the brave Hester. I pray, Hester my sister , the daughter of God blessed with a Goddess like face and a babe as pure as an angel should never cry... Her name does not taste my tongue for her name has tasted my tear that I have shared . Grand Scarlett colored A, why must you bring these tears to my eyes? It reminded me of the blood from your child's birth. May I ask, is the A for Abundance for your child? It is for a light of hope you wish us; hopeless maiden an ambition to have hope?


Bravery is engraved with your name, That I Envy.


Love,

                     Every Woman

    

© 2014 Julie Spade


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on April 10, 2014
Last Updated on November 21, 2014
Tags: The Scarlett Letter, Forgiveness, Sympathy

Author

Julie Spade
Julie Spade

The City Of Lights, NY



About
Hello everyone! Pray that everyone is having an amazing day! I am Julie Spade with the age of 17 currently. To start off with the "about me" aspect I am extremely social, out going and mostly open to .. more..

Writing
18 18

A Poem by Julie Spade





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5