Gilbert , The Wind and The Tree

Gilbert , The Wind and The Tree

A Poem by Julie Spade
"

This poem is about a boy who tries his best to save another boy who is extremely troublesome and angry for the outcome of his whole life. The two boys do fall in love however his state of mind got the

"

Do you remember the robins, Gilbert?

 Do you remember how they would sway and glide through the wind?

Well, of course you do!

 You used to sit by the window early Sunday mornings before mass

with your eyes focused at the bird’s bathing.

 

                     He watches in anger as the mama bird helps her babies become cleansed.

                                     They are much too young to do it themselves. 

                           Gilbert got jealous, for he had to learn how to bathe himself.

 

Gilbert sleeps naked every night and doesn’t seem to mind.

It troubles me because I don’t deserve to get a cold by him

 nor do I need to hear the chattering of his teeth all night long!


“Borrow my gown, Gilbert! You’ll get a cold if you don’t!” I jump out of bed and rush to my wooden drawers. I throw Gilbert my gown and force it on him. He acts like a child, squirming around, kicking me in the stomach, yelling his brains out. “Sleep with me, Serge.” He says with his eyes swollen from all the rubbing of his hands.

 

Gilbert chatter’s his teeth once again, all night.

 I couldn’t change his sleeping habits, I was far too late.

He’s already been used to it. All I did was just make him irritated.

 I’m sorry for interrupting your slumber, Gilbert

 

              Several months pass by and his mind starts to curve and sway into different directions.

                                    Gilberts mind grows seriously ill and cannot be straightened. 

                Obsession ran through Gilberts veins, for he could not rest or function without Auguste.

 

Gilbert runs in front of a moving carriage and dies under its wheels, convinced that he has seen Auguste…

 


Insanity filled my heart and soul; I bled tears for you to come to me

. I tried to do the best I could do for you, Gilbert, but I guess it wasn’t enough.

You couldn’t be saved by me or God himself for you were too ill to be cured.


 

Dark colored red blood filled my mouth; I’m starting to lose air and my life. Flashbacks of my past break my heart, spirit and soul. My heart splits into two and crumples into a million different pieces. The pain is all over my body, I can’t move my arms, my legs, my mouth nor my eyes; is this how death feels like? Cold, painful and alone? No… it’s not. A white light emerges from the great blue and everlasting sky. The weight of my body is gone. I come across my body. It is drained, empty and on the floor lifeless.

No more pain, no more sexual urges, and no more Auguste.

Oh, Serge, I will miss you greatly in the golden gates of heaven. Thank you my love for everything you have completed in my life.

 

The smell of blood always remains in the early weeks of October, the branches sway from side to side from all the confusion that Gilbert felt as a child; the rain would go on for hours and hours for all of the tears that Gilbert wept yet, he stands firmly tall; the birds would always chirp when the mass bell played for Gilbert appreciated music. He’s always there, playing around the autumn leaves. 

© 2014 Julie Spade


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a nice story. I think you forget to choose.
Story begins with the curiosity and carried to the end. Another beauty dear. You are a such a talented writer with sharper view. Lovely.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
1 Review
Added on April 22, 2014
Last Updated on April 22, 2014
Tags: homosexual love, betrayal, illness, depression, freedom, peace, troublesome, restless, suicide, Kaze to Ki no Uta (The Poem of W

Author

Julie Spade
Julie Spade

The City Of Lights, NY



About
Hello everyone! Pray that everyone is having an amazing day! I am Julie Spade with the age of 17 currently. To start off with the "about me" aspect I am extremely social, out going and mostly open to .. more..

Writing
18 18

A Poem by Julie Spade