Freedom

Freedom

A Chapter by J. Marc

On Freedom

 

39.         For us to whom Freedom is the highest thing, it is revolting that something should be sacrificed to someone and should serve to him as a means.

 

40.         The morally educated human being and only this one is completely free.

 

41.         The domination of the impulses through moral forces is spiritual freedom and its expression in appearance is called dignity.

 

42.         There is in the human being not any other power than his willpower, and only what abolishes the human being, death and any dispossession of conscience, can abolish the inner freedom.

 

43.         The human being plays only whenever he is, in the full meaning of the word, human and he is only totally human whenever he plays.

 

44.         One will never err if one seeks the human being’s ideal of Beauty on the namely course on which he satisfies his impulse for play.

 

45.         Without sharing the guilt of your contemporaries, share with noble resignation their punishments and bend yourself with freedom under the yoke which they cannot do without and yet, badly endure.

 

46.         A blind servility to a destiny is always discouraging and hurting for the free, self determining human being.

 

47.         Only the unity of reality with form, the unity of fortuity with necessity, the unity of submissiveness with freedom completes the concept of Humanity.

 

48.         Compassion increases to a higher degree if the one who suffers as well as the one who causes the suffering, become subjects of the same compassion. This can only happen if the last one aroused neither our hatred nor our contempt but rather will be brought to act against his inclination, to be the author of misdeed.

 

49.         The world as an historical subject is fundamentally nothing else than the conflict of the forces of Nature against one another and against the freedom of the humans, and the success of this battle tells us History.



© 2008 J. Marc


Author's Note

J. Marc
Which ones do you like?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

#43 Once again I find a true gem that reminds me of the importance of being childlike. I have literally done everything that I can to make my life one great playground. And I am truly happy as a result.
As is said in #40, At the time that I began to relinquish my 'duties' as a 'citizen' and began to work my life more or less around morality, I began to find true freedom.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

#43 Once again I find a true gem that reminds me of the importance of being childlike. I have literally done everything that I can to make my life one great playground. And I am truly happy as a result.
As is said in #40, At the time that I began to relinquish my 'duties' as a 'citizen' and began to work my life more or less around morality, I began to find true freedom.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 9, 2008
Last Updated on May 9, 2008


Author

J. Marc
J. Marc

Antananarivo, Madagascar



About
body {background-color:FFCC66;background-image:url(http://);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left;background-attachment:fixed;} table, tr, td {background:transparent; border:0p.. more..

Writing