Silence

Silence

A Poem by Karen Raquepo
"

just me and the gentle voice of silence

"
Silence is profound.
Rumors are on it.
Unspoken voice of silence, I hear from you.
Intense feeling, echoed and repeated!

In silence, I hold on
You touch my soul and I touch yours.
Unseen scene occurred by us.
And silence comes again.

Conquer me, I beg
I'll stay with you, be your woman
Rhymed silence, I do hear
Sssshhh silence, I don't blame!

Silence makes me aware of you.
I connive,wondering about us.
Does your system miss me,as I long for you?
Silence interrupt!

Oh, my dearest one.
I'm cared and loved, thank you.
Even in silence, I could sense you.
Silence, I grant everywhere!

© 2008 Karen Raquepo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think you give an apt description of what silence can mean & the potential it holds for us to explore our own feelings & awareness of others. It's a beautifully romantic piece. Your personal style of writing adds to the feeling of mysterious and to the depth. Really nice poetry.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Shhh... silence! LOL!!
Wonderfully written.


Posted 15 Years Ago


All I have to say is AWSOME JOB!!!

Orlando M

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very sweet sound silence. Very nice write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I believe sometimes silence is needed to sort out feelings and emotions--to think on love.
Your words...."Conquer me, I beg
I'll stay with you, be your woman" ...are so strong and show that you want that person to take you on and brand you and in turn you will give yourself. Action and reaction. Excellent poem!

Posted 16 Years Ago


nicely done well written, this is an magnificent little poem full of strength and wonder.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I like it! Silence is definitely a beautiful thing. I liked this perspective of it...through your eyes. Very cool.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I like the flow of this poem. This topic is addressed a lot in poems. I think you have captured a side to the topic that is not used often. Silence, I grant everywhere. I like that.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I like this a lot, silence as a friend, and words and sound itself superfluous. I lot of us talk even though we ain't sayin' nothin'.

Posted 16 Years Ago


a lovely poem...that can be interpreted in many ways.

i see that the silence can be the lover in the dark, the voice that only you can hear, the feeling of touch that your skin craves and wrapped in. it can be a wonderous sense of being loved and to love in return without boundaries, without limits....

thanks =)


Posted 16 Years Ago


It's like a different approach and it's really exciting to see something like this. Usually most poems that try to deal with subjects like this use light as opposed to sound this lack of sound. There's something that reminds of how everything refuses not to exist. But at the same time doesn't really. And at the same time a human atirubute like love is one of those things.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1151 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 21, 2008
Last Updated on March 17, 2008

Author

Karen Raquepo
Karen Raquepo

Reggio Emilia, Emilia-Romagna, Italy



About
I'm simple,cool and amicable.I read literally pieces,particularly in poetry,also writing when I'm on the mode. I love to sing and dance.Love and pop genre are my favorite music.I'm fond in garde.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..