And

And

A Poem by Suavis_Umbra
"

my heart still refuses

"
I sleep inside nature's womb and
 cry,laugh and eat and love.
I float on snowflakes in winter's bloom.
A cold and icy flying costume.
I think to myself of artists and muses.
Think of a drop and all of those bruises,
which may be sailing on many cruises,
but nonetheless my heart still refuses.

© 2012 Suavis_Umbra


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm still brand new to this site, so for the time being I'm doing by best to hold up my end of the bargain by giving comments to anybody who takes the time to give me comments.

This poem is beautiful. The meter of the last four lines is perfect. Somebody should be singing this.

As for your "about me" section: Never listen to anybody who "deems you unable." Unable to do what? Become a famous poet? Get your poems into a highschool literature textbook? Since the dawn of time, there have been about five hundred million poets. About 0.000000001% of them ever earned a dime from their poetry or made it into a textbook. And the list of household name poets out there stopped growing at the turn of the last century. Basically, when somebody endeavors to write a poem, they damn well better understand that they're doing it for themselves, whether that be for boredom, enjoyment, or catharsis. Somebody who sees fit to "deem somebody else unable" probably has some self-examination of their own to worry about.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Suavis_Umbra

11 Years Ago

OH MY GOD , thank you so much XD XD XD , it means so much!!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
1 Review
Added on September 22, 2012
Last Updated on September 22, 2012
Tags: nature, cruises, refuses, muses, costume, winter, eat, love, cry, laugh, artists

Author

Suavis_Umbra
Suavis_Umbra

Terra, Dark Corner of the Earth, United Kingdom



About
Eritus Sicut Deus Scientes Bonum Et Malum - Mephistostopheles more..

Writing