Blessing in Disguise

Blessing in Disguise

A Story by rcb@urservice
"

Its about Nature =)

"

As the sun sets and creates a very mesmerizing view, the overflowing emotion continuously flows around the cold atmosphere.

“My son! Why did this have to happen to you?!” someone shouted from nearby.

“In this great catastrophe, many are injured, hundreds are missing and dead-cold body is scattered all over the place. And�"“. Reporters everywhere, police all around, ambulance in every corner and people of sorrow in all places. The place is full of loud cries, shouts, and deadly scene.

“Have you found Eunice?” my brother ask me weakly.

“No, not yet. The rescuers are still searching” I answered him.

We lost our youngest sister in the middle of the big disaster. We were too panic to pay attention to her while she was playing with her little doll. And before that disaster my sister and I were having a fight. And I really regret that because I haven’t got the chance to say sorry to her.

“It’s my entire fault!!” I cried out loud, I ran as fast as I can, I don’t know where my feet brings me, until I got tired and rested near a river.

The moment I open my eyes I was in state of shock upon seeing the environment around me. I gasped and shook my head; this is all just a nightmare. I pinch my cheek as hard as I can and close my eyes.

After a second I opened my eyes and a tear drop from my eyes, I’m not dreaming, I’m just blinded by the fantasy. The river was filled with dirty trash, all the trees were cut! What have we done? The palace of nature was destroyed by our own deed because we kept our eyes close, and ears shut from the cry of the nature, now the nature had its revenge and to be sorry is too late. Tears keep falling from my eyes. We didn’t know that all along we didn’t just lose our loved one; we also lose a great gift from above.

"There you are! I was searching for you whole day!” someone shouted at my back, I turn around and saw my brother.

“Let’s go home, the search will be continued tomorrow, we need to eat” he said. He started walking away and I followed him, but before I got far away from the damaged kingdom, many thoughts had flown in my mind. If this continues, what are we going to drink, eat and use in "the near future? It’s not too late if we will work together in rebuilding the destroyed nature. And that moment I decided that I’ll help in bringing back the beauty of nature.

Disaster are not just nightmares, disasters can be an eye-opener when we are blind and deaf of the truth. I ran back to the place where I become conscious in the damage we have done..

“I promise, I will help in creating back the nature we have destroyed, I promise” I said aloud. I slowly turn my back and walk back to my brother but for the last time I look around the place, and I realized that disaster are not just nightmares, disasters are eye-opener when we are blinded by the blessings we commit.

Blessings can turn into disaster but disaster can be a blessing….

 

The end….

© 2013 rcb@urservice


Author's Note

rcb@urservice
I hope you all like it and learned a little lesson about our nature, and of course pelase comment especially for my grammatical errors thnx everyone :*

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yes, I did learn something about nature. Your story is thought-provoking. Here are the corrections I would suggest:
I was searching for [you] the whole day.
Disaster[s] are not just nightmares... ( at least 2 places you need to add an "s" to disaster) Whenever you use "are" know you need to add an "s" to the subject.
I slowly turn[ed] my back and walk[ed] back to my brother. (I would start a new sentence here...maybe leave out "but") : For the last time I looked around the place...


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

rcb@urservice

11 Years Ago

thnx =)
E.A. Rubin

11 Years Ago

You're very welcome!



Reviews

Yes, I did learn something about nature. Your story is thought-provoking. Here are the corrections I would suggest:
I was searching for [you] the whole day.
Disaster[s] are not just nightmares... ( at least 2 places you need to add an "s" to disaster) Whenever you use "are" know you need to add an "s" to the subject.
I slowly turn[ed] my back and walk[ed] back to my brother. (I would start a new sentence here...maybe leave out "but") : For the last time I looked around the place...


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

rcb@urservice

11 Years Ago

thnx =)
E.A. Rubin

11 Years Ago

You're very welcome!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 10, 2013
Last Updated on February 10, 2013

Author

rcb@urservice
rcb@urservice

Pagadian, 9, Philippines



About
i'm 15 years old, i love writing and reading I started writing when i was in my elementary days maybe Grade 3? Dunno I love those people appreciate my works and help me in improving by tellin.. more..

Writing