Chapter One: The Accident

Chapter One: The Accident

A Chapter by rdawg15
"

What started it all...

"

Hon, I love him to death! That sounds bad, but you know what I mean," Addie Griffin talked quickly to her husband as she held her newborn baby.

Jason Griffin and his wife brought their new baby, Brayden, home from the hospital on July 14, 1985.

"He is a beaute," Jason told her.

"Yea, looks just like you," Addie commented.

Baby Brady had his father's blonde locks and deep brown eyes. He was sleeping peacefully in his navy bassinet. He was happy and loved.

                  ***

Brady? Have you seen your father?" Addie asked from the bottom of the stairs to her son, who was quietly playing in his room.

It was October 15 of 1993, eight years after Brady was brought home from the hospital.

The small boy called back, "He's with a client downtown."

"Alright. Hey, Brades? You wanna go to the carnival? I think they're having one down by the park," she asked.

"Yeah!" Brady hopped down the stairs enthusiastically.

"Okay, well, grab your jacket and we'll go. 'Kay?" she told him.

He nodded and ran to grab his jacket. They left the house. It was raining.

"Brady! Get in my car! It's too wet to walk!" Addie shouted over the storm.

They got in the car, and Brady asked, "How are we gonna go to the carnival if it's all wet?"

Always spontaneous, Addie said, "Well, we'll find something else fun to do--something indoors."

Brady smiled and nodded.

They drove and drove, looking for something fun to do. "Can we go bowling? That's indoors," Brady asked.

Addie told him, "Bud, the nearest alley is across the bridge."

"So?" Brady asked. "We cross the bridge everyday for school?"

"Yeah, but it's raining," she said. She looked at him through her mirror, his sad little face. "Okay, Brades, we can go bowling."

"Yes!" he said excitedly.

She smiled as she drove to the bridge, and they crossed. Halfway along the bridge, she told him, "You know I love you, kid? Your dad, he loves ya, too. Remember that?"

"Yeah, I know. I will. I love you, too, Mama," Brady replied.

They smiled at one another. Just then, a large truck slammed into the driver's side door. Brady screamed.



© 2015 rdawg15


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on May 5, 2015
Last Updated on May 5, 2015


Author

rdawg15
rdawg15

O'Fallon, MO



About
Hey, I'm Rachel. How ya doin'? So, I like mystery/suspense novels, and any genre of music. My favorite color is red. I love making people laugh and smile. I love entertaining people, in general. So, I.. more..

Writing
Survive Survive

A Poem by rdawg15


Winter Winter

A Poem by rdawg15