Microwave

Microwave

A Story by raven

Now what is it that you think when you stare into your microwave? Most likely, your cooking food. Or maybe you're just staring at your own reflection. Perhaps, the light starts to flicker and you are now considering getting it fixed by a professional. Trust me, you don't want to screw around with the wires and end up exploding the whole machinery.
Another idea might be that you're not looking at anything at all. You have had a song stuck in your head since yesterday and you are now creating your own remix.

However, this was not the case for Andi. Ever since the thought struck him that his microwave was possessed, there was no chance to think twice. As if was swallowed by a whirlpool, all he could do was accept it and move on. There was no turning back and no chance to escape. He had to deal with whatever the wind might throw him.

 

As his canned tomato sauce macaroni came around in circles dancing to the hum, he stood at a corner and softly sobbed. The ultimate ping would break the ominous jig and the crying would immediately stop. Thus would Andi’s meal pass.

 

But this time, something else was cooking. It stirred Andi’s insides and swept away his appetite. He didn’t have to eat; therefore he did not have to use the microwave. Perfect. This was the opportunity he had been waiting for for so long. Just as suddenly as it had started, the whirlpool had come to a stop. Scattered objects lay all over the place. This is it, he thought. He got up from his corner and started walking towards the possessed appliance. There was no time for a plan. The clock was ticking underneath his skin and it reverberated throughout the house. His heart pumped adrenaline in his enlarged veins, but his steps were sluggish. Like those extremely somnolent dreams where you are struggling to convey something, Andi pushed one leg mechanically after another.  One more, he thought, and you’ll have one less step to make.

 

 

 

The sound of the cracking window followed by loud glass shattering on the 1sr floor brought his excitement to neurotic levels. He now eagerly waited to hear the crashing microwave. He wanted to see its insides spill, see the wires fly loose and electroshock some innocent passerby. Why did he have to be the nice guy with a bad possession? Someone else could have it for all he cared! There were so many people in the world. So, he waited eagerly. But he waited.

© 2016 raven


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on August 24, 2016
Last Updated on August 24, 2016

Author

raven
raven

About
i used to be a fighter and a dead one, but now i see how that will not ever differ more..

Writing
ukulele ukulele

A Poem by raven