The consolation of monotony

The consolation of monotony

A Story by raven

Someone is knocking at the door. I go to open it. It is a familiar face, my friend. "Hello friend" - I say. He comes in and we sit at the table next to the window. We have a chair, facing each other, from time to time glancing at the setting of the sun.
It is beautiful. The clouds are soft and fluffy. I want to touch them. I slowly and carefully extend my hand to reach one of them.

My friend sips the coffee. I remember and sip it too. Now it no longer is hot. I have added enough sugar and milk. This is the right consistency. I am satisfied with how the things are going so far.
My friend puffs on a cigarette but it doesn't affect me. I like the soft eyes he possesses, how they softly close and ever so gently reopen, maintaining the same field of vision. I feel like I could sink into them. The lukewarm liquid that envelops those gems reflects the colors on the sky, now ablaze. I want to catch fire with them too.
I swallow the last sip of my coffee and rest it on the saucer satisfied. It is time for my friend to go. He gets up and i sand besides him as he quietly puts his shoes on. He is tying the laces. "Goodbye. Thanks for the delicious coffee" - he says smiling broadly.
"You're welcome" - I reply. Please do come again. "I will" - he says. And he shuts the door. I am now alone in my room. I look around.
It's utterly quiet. It is almost night, but I haven't switched on the lights yet. I ought to, but I don't feel like it. I will probably be standing here for some more time, until I want to move again.

© 2016 raven


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on November 26, 2016
Last Updated on November 26, 2016

Author

raven
raven

About
i used to be a fighter and a dead one, but now i see how that will not ever differ more..

Writing
Microwave Microwave

A Story by raven


ukulele ukulele

A Poem by raven