The Main House

The Main House

A Chapter by Real College Life
"

The night that I met my best friend.

"

The Main House

 

I was working as a hostess at my parent’s sushi restaurant for $10 and hour. It was the day after the party at Nick’s apartment and my first day working. Business was pretty slow and I had been texting Kayla all day trying to figure out something to do that night. It was our last night to go out because school would be starting on Wednesday. We were about to give up when suddenly I received a text from Nick.

 

Text Message

From: Nick Bauer

           

Hey I’m sorry about last night, let me make it up to you.

Party at the main house at 10 tonight.

 

            Text Message

            From: Alex Rosales

           

                        Where is that?

 

Text Message

From: Nick Bauer

 

            It’s the soccer house. Ask Kayla, her teammates are

probably going.

 

I texted Kayla asking her if she knew where the house was and she told me she had been there before and could drive us there. She explained that the house belonged to four of the guys on the soccer team including the captain and that it would be pretty fun.

She picked me up from work around ten thirty and drove me back to the dorms so I could change. We finally got to the party a little after eleven. We parked a couple of blocks away because there was no room near the house.

We walked into one of the biggest parties I have ever seen. I’m talking movie big, a real college party.

 Two dirty looking guys lighting up a joint on the porch nodded at Kayla and me and offered us a hit. I am not big on drugs, I rarely use them but Kayla gladly accepted.

“You cuties freshmen?” said the taller looking guy.

“Yeah, we’re looking for a guy named Nick Bauer, do you know if he is here?” Kayla asked.

“I haven’t seen him but Donovan and Joey are inside.”

I looked at Kayla and she explained that Donovan and Joey are Nick’s teammates on the basketball team. We walked in and saw the living room full of people. On the left right in front of the door was the beer pong table. To the right was an empty living room that had been turned into a dance floor where people were dancing to Shakira’s “Hips Don’t Lie”. It turns out most of the guys on the soccer team were from Latin America and only played Spanish music at parties. We lost any hope we had in finding Nick but spotted our friends David and Takki across the room.

We had met David and Takki at the dorms the day before. They were freshmen on the soccer team and from what I had gathered they were not the party going type. David had just graduated from a private catholic high school as the valedictorian and only cared about two things: soccer and school. Takki had just arrived from Jamaica and was living with his uncle. He was super religious and bragged that he had never had sip of alcohol and wasn’t interested in starting any time soon.

We walked over to them and made an attempt at small talk. I noticed a short, attractive but very skinny guy making his way over to us with his tall even more attractive friend who was wearing ray ban knock off sunglasses and was carrying a tray of shots.

“Jello shots ladies and gentlemen!” screamed the taller guy.

We all took one, including David and Takki and toasted to a great first year at college. The guys made their way around the room handing out shots and yelling profanities.

“I thought you didn’t drink.” I said to Takki.

“ I don’t.”

“I just saw you take a shot!” I laughed.

“Oh s**t there was alcohol in that?”

“Yeah bro, what did you think they meant by shots?” asked David.

“I thought he said jello!”

Kayla and I gave up and decided to look around to see if we could find anyone else we recognized. Kayla knew more people than I did since she had been there longer due to volleyball practice so she would occasionally stop and talk to people. We were talking to Donovan and Joey about basketball when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to find the cute skinny guy standing behind me holding two red cups.

“Hey I’m Troy. Beer?”

“One of the last things my mom told me before I left my house was to not take drinks from strangers.” I joked.

“Funny, I don’t see your mom around here.” He joked.

I laughed and took the cup.

“Good girl, what’s your name? You’re a freshman I’m guessing?”

“Alex. And Is it really that obvious?”

“A little. It’s cute.”

“Is that what you say to all the freshmen?”

“No, I didn’t say it to that guy over there and he is clearly a freshman.” He joked as he pointed to a guy passed out on the couch with a penis drawn on his forehead.

I laughed.

“Wanna go outside? The music is a little loud for conversation.”

“Sure.”

We went outside and sat on a bench on the porch. Troy exchanged a few words with the two guys who had moved on from smoking the joint to hitting a pipe shaped like a penguin. Troy and I talked about our lives and school until we were both out of beer. He was very amused with the fact that I had grown up in Mexico and was fluent in Spanish and French. He told me about how he had just gotten back from studying abroad in Spain and would constantly try speaking Spanish to me, which I found out a little annoying. As nice as Troy was he was starting to bore me. He was going on and on about how he had found the love of his life in Spain, and that he had even fulfilled her life’s goal by taking her to Paris.

“I did it. I helped her do the one thing she had always wanted to do. I took her to Paris.”

“That was really nice of you Troy.”

“I’m boring you aren’t I?”

“No, not at all.” I lied.

“Yeah right. Hey do you salsa?”

“Um, no, I have never done it before.”

“Are you kidding me? You’re from Mexico and you don’t know how to salsa? Come on, I am about to educate you on your own culture.”

We got up and went back inside. He grabbed my hand and led me to the dance floor that was playing Enrique Iglesias’ “Bailamos”, one of my favorite songs of all time. He took right hand with his left hand and put his other hand on my lower back. I placed my left hand on his shoulder and he pulled our hips together. We danced for about two or three songs and all I could think was one thing. I love college. I was having the time of my life at this party.

That is until I Troy spun me and I accidently hit a girl that was dancing next to us. I looked at her to apologize and realized it was my SA Carmen.

“S**t. Oh S**t. Look if anyone asks you didn’t see me here. I can lose my job at the dorms if they find out I was at a party with one of my residents.” She said.

“Don’t worry about it.” I told her.

“No really. If you tell anyone I will lose my job and I can’t afford to do that.”

I wasn’t a big fan of Carmen but what did she think I was going to do? Walk up to my RA and tell on her? I would get in just as much trouble for underage drinking, which was strictly prohibited since I attended a catholic university.

 “Oh please, shut the f**k up Carmen. If you really cared you wouldn’t be at this party. She said she wouldn’t tell on you okay? So just drop it.” Said Troy.

“F**k you Troy. Why don’t you just go back to Spain? No one wants you here anyway.” She responded and then turned to look at me. “Look, as your SA it’s my job to watch out for you so let me give you some advice. He just wants to f**k you.” She said angrily and walked away before Troy could respond.

Look, I’m no idiot. I had a bad feeling about Troy from the beginning. I had zero interest in hooking up with him. Honestly I kind of thought he was a little gay, but I was having fun hanging out with him so I didn’t think much about it.

“Don’t listen to her, come on lets go get some more beer.”

We crossed the doorway to the dinning room and walked into the kitchen where I saw Kayla making out with a very fit, attractive guy and another guy pumping the keg.

“Alright pretty lady, the keg is ready!” said the guy doing the pumping in a strong Hispanic accent.

Kayla stopped slobbering all over that guy and looked straight at me.

“Oh look! It’s my bestie Alex!”

She was wasted.

“Alex, this is Andres.” She said pointing at the cute guy who had been pumping the keg.

I waved at him and he smiled at me. He was really cute, very athletic although a little on the short side.

“What’s up beautiful I’m James.” Said the guy that had been shoving his tongue down Kayla’s throat earlier. He was also very good looking. He was tall and very muscular, and he had an adorable British accent.

Troy’s phone rang and he left the room.

“Alright lets do this s**t! James and I will hold your legs. Alex, gorgeous can you help us out by pouring the beer? Let’s see how much you can swallow baby!” Said Shane looking straight at Kayla.

Kayla walked up to the keg and put her hands on either side of it as the boys picked up her legs. By now there was a lot more people in the kitchen and everyone was chanting a combination of “Keg Stand, Keg Stand” and “Chug, Chug, Chug!” I began pouring the beer in Kayla’s mouth when suddenly James slapped Kayla’s a*s so hard that she lost he balance and fell right on her knees. People were mostly screaming at James for being such an a*****e, but some guys were actually high fiving him. The good thing was that Kayla was so fucked up that she didn’t even care. She got up, walked right up to James and practically attacked his mouth.

Extremely confused about what just happened I walked back into the living room and ran into Troy again.

“I want to play beer pong.” I told him.

“Eh, sorry girl but beer pong isn’t my thing. Let me introduce you to my friend Willy though. He loves beer pong.”

We walked over to the people standing next to the beer pong table. Troy tapped a guy on his shoulder. This guy looked like he was twelve years old. He had shaggy brown hair and blood shot eyes; he looked like he was on crack. He was wearing a white ripped up YMCA lifeguard shirt and basketball shorts.

“Alex this is Willy. Willy this is my new friend Alex, she needs a beer pong partner.” Said Troy.

“Hi Alex. You any good? These guys are tough. They have been running the table all night. They’re from U of H and I want to kick their a*s.” Said Willy pointing at the two guys who were fixing the cups at the end of the table.

Now I don’t usually toot my own horn, but I’m pretty good at beer pong. I like to think of it as my hidden talent. This turned out to be very handy through out my entire college life. I actually became known for it. And while it did not serve and productive purpose in life whatsoever, I was still pretty proud about it.

“I’m alright.”

“Okay cool, I’m actually next on the table so lets do this s**t.”

            We had them right from the start. They made b***h cup on their first shot and we responded with a double bounce in the same cup. They never caught up after that. We literally destroyed them. I made last cup off a rodeo. It was crazy. People were screaming and high fiving us non-stop.

“You are the coolest freshman ever! Holy s**t! Let’s be best friends, Okay? You and I are now partners for life holy s**t.” Said Willy as he picked me up and spun me around.

This marked the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Willy and I hung out nearly every day after that night. He turned out to be one of the smartest and nicest people I have ever met, and to this day we are still best friends.

It was one of my favorite moments of college. I always heard about freshmen having bad experiences at their first college parties but for me it had been pretty awesome.

We played a few more games until we both got bored and decided to take a break. I looked for Kayla and found her dancing with two guys. I went over and joined them. The two guys were named Sam and Shane; they were both on the golf team at the school. Sam had just arrived from Canada and although he wasn’t super attractive I could tell he was fun. He was dancing exactly like Ronnie from the Jersey Shore. It was hilarious. Shane on the other hand was honestly one of the most beautiful humans I have ever seen. Tall, muscular, black hair, blue eyes and to top it off he had the hottest Australian accent. He had the most sex appeal of anyone I had ever met. I seriously thought I was in love.

We danced for a while and then decided to go outside so we could all talk and get to know each other. Sam and I announced that we would go into the kitchen and get some drinks for all of us and we would meet Shane and Kayla outside.

We filled the cups and when we walked back into the living room it was completely empty. That is except for one of the scariest policewomen I had ever seen.

“Ugh, f**k me. Not again.” I whispered.

She was looking straight at us and I didn’t know what to do.

“Back door! Come on, run!” yelled Sam as he pulled my hand.

We dropped the full cups of beer we were holding and took off running through the kitchen door. We ran around to the front of the house and met up with Kayla and Sam’s teammate A.J. at the end of the street.

“We have to go back and get my car.” Said Kayla out of breath.

“There is no way in hell we are going back there. I’ll drive you back in the morning, come on it’s not that far of a walk back to campus.” Said A.J.

We walked back to campus talking and laughing about what had just happened. When we tried walking through the front desk the girl that was working stopped Sam.

“Excuse me, it’s after hours sir. You may not come in.”

“What are you talking about? I live here.” Said Sam.

“Sir you are drunk so you must be confused. I have never seen you here before.”

“Are you f*****g kidding me? Look me up on the computer.”

“Please don’t use that language. The computers are down at the moment. Sir if you do not leave I will call the police.”

“Wait I can fix this.” A.J. interrupted. “Come on ladies, let’s go find his roommate, I’m sure there is some way to prove that Sam lives here.”

We followed A.J. through one of the boy halls of the dormitory and stopped in front of a door covered in golf posters.

“Open the door man!” yelled A.J. while violently knocking on the door.

We heard a bunch of rumbling going on inside and the door swung open. Standing in the doorway was Shane with his hair all messed up and only in boxers. We heard the high-pitched squeal of a girl and then the back door slam shut.

“You guys are the biggest c**k-blocks ever!” Said Shane in the most attractive Australian accent.

“We need your help.” Explained A.J.

“Okay come in so I can get dressed.” Said Shane calmly after we explained what was happening.

When we got back to the front desk we saw Sam outside talking to the police.

“What happened?” I asked the girl at the front desk.

“He finally admitted that he doesn’t live here after I called security. They are probably just telling him to go home and not to drive. I’m sure he will be fine.”

“But he does live here.” I insisted.

“Look, just go to your rooms before I call security back in here okay?”

We walked to the lobby and tried to figure out what to do. Sam had nowhere to sleep so we needed to figure out how to get him inside.

“I know! We can sneak him in through the back. He can jump the back fence. The only cameras are at the front desk and the two side doors. That is how I got Selene into my room past curfew last night.” Said Shane excitedly.

“Alright call him. You and Alex go to the fence and me and Kayla will opened the door to the building.” Said A.J.

We got to the fence where we found Sam hanging from his shorts on one of the poles. Shane and I started laughing instantly.

“What the f**k happened to you, man?” asked Shane without any attempt to hold his laughter

“F**k you! Get me off of here! I think my shorts are already ripped so just break them off or something.” Said Sam angrily.

When we finally got him down he was wearing only a white wife beater and his boxers. Kayla and A.J. were on the floor from laughing so hard.

We decided to part ways to avoid getting caught. Kayla decided to sleep in my room that night since my roommate went home on weekends and her roommate would kill her if she came in this late.

“What a strange night.” I said to Kayla when I got out of the shower.

She didn’t respond and when I walked out of the bathroom I saw her laying face down on my roommates bed with her shoes still on. I love college.

 

 

 

 

 

 

What I Learned

 

1.    Foreign accents really do make people more attractive.

2.    College parties are fun.

3.    People really do pass out with their shoes on.

4.    Jello shots contain alcohol.



© 2013 Real College Life


Author's Note

Real College Life
Please comment! Good or bad! I'm looking for feedback!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on January 22, 2013
Last Updated on January 22, 2013
Tags: college, party, funny, comedy, humor, life, alcohol, beer, true story, friend, boys, good, night, fun, basketball, keg


Author

Real College Life
Real College Life

Houston, TX



About
I am a female college student. I am currently working on a book made up of several short stories about my college experience. The book is a comedy. I am looking for feedback so I am posting a chapter .. more..

Writing