Home

Home

A Story by Rebecca
"

It's more of a short story. It's about a girl, who's love went to war. Now he's home, and she couldn't be happier.

"

Today was the day, the best day of her life. He was finally home, after 5 years he was home. The war was short, but each day felt like a month to her. She jumped out of bed and ran to her car, she would not waste one minute without him again.

 

He shut the door quietly behind him, it was late, he did not want to disturb his love.

"Brandon? Brandon! You're home! I was worried, where were you??"

 

As she drove to the base he was returning to she didn't even think as to how fast she was driving, or if he was even there yet, she'd wait for him. Always she would.

 

He softly starred at her, admiring her radiant beauty. 

"I'm sorry Wendy, I got a call from the base, they wished to speak to me."

She looked at him with wonder.

"What about?" 

 

She quickly found parking at the base. She jumped out of the car and ran to the planes, she would wait all day if that's what it took to see him again. 

 

 

"They're sending me to Vietnam Wendy, please understand I won't be gone long, no more than 3 years."

Wendy starred at him, tears filling her eyes.

"What about the wedding?"

 

She reached the control area and asked for him, the men told her his plane had not arrived yet, but it would be there shortly, she was welcomed to wait for him.

 

"I don't know Wendy.. I love you, honest to God I do, I want to give you my name, but I can't make you marry me like that, will you wait for me?"

She smiled between her tears.

"Always and forever I will." 

 

Finally a plane came, the men at the controls smiled at her, gesturing for her to go to the plane. She smiled and quickly ran towards the landing plane.

 

The day came for him to leave her. As she followed him to his flight, holding his hand as long as she possibly could, he turned and looked at her.

"Wait for me, love?"

"Always and forever I will." 

As she watched him board the plane she controlled her emotions, she would not let him see her cry at such a time. But as soon as the plane left the sight of the window she stood by, she slid to the ground, her back pressing again the cold glass, as she knew she wouldn't stop crying until she could hold him in her arms again.

 

She watched different men get off the plane, running to their families and wives and children, though her eyes never left that door, and they would not leave that door until he stepped out.

 

5 years later, Wendy sat in her room, starring at her fiance's side of the bed. 'He'll return to me, I know he will'. Her phone rang. 

 

"Hello?" 

"Miss Jones?" 

"Yes, how can I help you?" 

"We're calling on behalf of your fiance, Brandon, he's on his way home, and insisted you be the one he sees when exiting the plane."

 

Wendy filled with tears, smiled and said, "I'm on my way!" 

 

Finally, he stepped off the plane. One look at him was all it took. For the day finally came where he returned to her. She ran to him in a tight embrace, laughing to herself as she reached him for almost tripping on her own two feet. As she rested her face to his chest she knew, this was her happy ending. He gently stroked her hair, whispering sweet nothings to her, promising never to leave her arms again, tightly but delicately holding her in his strong arms. He was her guardian, her soul mate, her other half, and now he was home. She moved slightly back from his warmth, staring into his beautiful eyes, she'd missed them so. He inched towards her, no longer able to contain his passion, and kissed her softly. She closed her eyes, her smile finally content.

 

'I belong here.. Always and forever..'

© 2008 Rebecca


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

looks pretty good

Posted 15 Years Ago


Aw this is sooo sweet!!!!:) Very romantic:)
Great job!!!:)

-Heather:)

Posted 15 Years Ago


If theres any criticism and complaining on this one, send them to me and tell them to bite the dust. Magnificent piece, really. I adore it with such a fervor I'll add id to my favorites. The story line is fabulous and the emotion is raw it moved me to tears. (No JOKE!) Well done my friend!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 31, 2008
Last Updated on August 31, 2008

Author

Rebecca
Rebecca

CA



About
Not just a story. more..

Writing
First First

A Poem by Rebecca


A Child A Child

A Poem by Rebecca


Broken Glass Broken Glass

A Poem by Rebecca