Too little, too late.

Too little, too late.

A Story by thunderdiamond

She’s mad at me.  I get that.  She hasn’t seen me in months, I don’t text or call and I’m here with some girl the complete opposite of her. 

I apologise to Olivia and run after her.  It’s now pissing down with rain and there are barely any people in the street. 

‘JENNA, JENNA STOP’ for someone who is wearing 5 inch heels, she can run.  She only has on that read sheath dress and it’s soaked straight through.  I’m getting soaked myself, and I’m freezing in this October rain.  I left my jacket back in the bar. 

‘JENNA WILL YOU STOP’ I’m about 10 meters away from her when she whips around. 

Her hair is plastered down her back and her face.  She’s crying. 

‘WHAT? ROBBIE, WHAT DO YOU WANT?’ Her tone is severe. 

‘Jenna . . . ‘I splutter but I don’t know what to tell her. 

She laughs, it’s a horrible sound.  ‘You don’t owe me a goddamn thing Robbie, and I don’t owe you anything either.  I’ve never been your girlfriend.  I’ve never meant anything more to you than a convenient f**k.  Go back to your girlfriend.  Don’t come near me again.’

She gives me the worst look anyone has ever given me.  Half anger, half pure heart break and pain.  And I know then I’ve broken her heart.  I know then she does love me the same way I have loved her this whole time.  She looks at me the same way I would have looked at her, have looked at her. 

She whips around and strides off in the rain.  With impressive speed and elegance. 

I stand there, rooted to the spot watching her walk further away from me in the rain and the darkness. 

 

4.

It took me several minutes of standing there to take in what she had said to me before I decide to go after her. 

Her place isn’t far from here, but she’ll never let me in if I don’t get to her soon. 

As I turn the street I see her, she’s bent over, almost on the floor sobbing.  The rain has got worse and it is literally lashing down now.  I slow and walk over to her, knowing she isn’t moving soon. 

I bend down and touch her arm lightly to pull her up ‘Jenna . . .  please’ 

She whips her body out of my grasp and gets up. ‘I told you Robbie, leave me alone.’  Her voice drips in anger at me.  She’s walking away and I stride over, grab her arm forcefully forcing her to look at me.  I look deep in her eyes, those brown doe eyes that look so angry at me right now, so full of pain.  I search them for a second desperately pleading with her silently. 

‘LET. ME. GO’ She screams.  She attempts to throw me off again but this time I catch her other arm and shake her at me, then without thinking, without rational thought, I kiss her, I move my arms so fast, tightly around her middle and kiss her deeply, with all the love I can. 

She doesn’t kiss me back.  She wiggles and fights me ‘GET . . .  OFF . . . .  ME’ Shes almost hysterical now. 

I pull back but grab her face, ‘I LOVE YOU JENNA.  I LOVE YOU. I’ve always loved you’

She stops struggling, she looks at me like I’ve gone mad. 

Then very calmly without any emotion in her voice but a single tear running down her wet face she says to me in almost a whisper.  ‘You don’t know love’.  

© 2016 thunderdiamond


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So true ‘You don’t know love’. I feel love is something more beyond the illusion about people or things. Nice Story!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thunderdiamond

6 Years Ago

Have you been in love?
Writer at last! Sky ~

6 Years Ago

I was, I am and I would always be in.....

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 19, 2016
Last Updated on October 13, 2016
Tags: love, pain, man, woman, red dress, hysterical, heartbreak

Author

thunderdiamond
thunderdiamond

liverpool, United Kingdom



About
28 year old female from Liverpool UK more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by thunderdiamond


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by thunderdiamond