Chapter 18

Chapter 18

A Chapter by thunderdiamond

The next day I woke up with a substantial headache from the drinking.  I looked over at Jen who was nowhere to be found.  Where was she?  What time was it?  I looked at my clock, it was 7.48am.

I decided to drag myself to the bathroom and then made my way around the house to try and find her.  It wasn’t hard, all I had to do was follow the smell of cooking coming from the kitchen. 

I could hear the music being played, was that Exo? Then I could hear the singing.  Man, she was bad at singing.  Like bad.  I couldn’t help the smile forming on my face as I tip toed down the hall and peeked into the kitchen. 

She was cooking, what looked like pancakes, and dancing around to the music.  The dancing was fine, it was cute and sexy in my oversized t-shirt but the singing was definitely bad.  I stood at the door watching her wiggle about dancing and singing to herself before I couldn’t help it and I broke down in a fit of giggles.  She whipped around at me evidently looking horror struck that I had been watching her. 

‘Your . . .  singing . . .  so  . . .  bad’ I managed between giggles. 

She pulled a face at me causing me to actually double over laughing. 

She turned her back on me continuing to cook as I made my way over to her and put my arms around her waist, I kissed her neck a couple of times.

‘It’s really bad’ I whispered and broke down laughing again.  Tears actually spilling from my eyes. 

She turned around with her hands on her hips giving me a faux stern look and started to laugh with me. 

‘I know . . . I know’ she kept repeating, causing me fresh fits of laughter.  Somehow it just seemed funnier to me than she knew she was so bad at singing and yet she sang anyway. 

As I slowly began to regain control I took her in my arms again, her eyes full of tears from laughing and I bent down to kiss her. 

‘I love you’ I told her. 

‘Despite my terrible singing ability?’ she pouted cutely.

‘I definitely don’t love you because you can sing’ the laughing fit came back.

She gave me a shove. ‘Ok, it’s not really that bad’ she pouted putting pancakes onto a plate.

‘Oh, my love’ I sighed ‘It really is that bad’ I couldn’t keep my face straight.

She huffed at me cutely and shoved the plate of pancakes in my hand.

‘I was going to bring you these in bed, but you’re up now.  Maybe you’ll love my cooking more than my singing’.

I was spinning with love and laughter.  I adored the tiny woman in front of me who was absolutely tone deaf.  Her flaw only seemed to make her more attractive to me. 

I settled down to the pancakes she had made.  They did look good, but when I tasted them they were even better. 

My eyes lit up in her direction as we ate. 

‘Oh my god!’ I exclaimed.  ‘Why haven’t you made these before?’

She smirked, satisfied with herself. ‘Because I never had the chance to that’s why’

‘Oh god they’re so good, make me more’ I begged putting on my best puppy face.

She leaned over to me, her eyes playful and whispered, ‘Tell me my singing isn’t that bad first’

I almost spat out the pancake in my mouth.  I grinned at her, swallowed quickly before I choked and teased back ‘Your singing is the best worst singing I’ve ever heard my love’

She chuckled and shook her head.  As she made her way back over to the stove she said

‘It’s a good job you’re real cute’

I chuckled back.  I felt a lot happier than I had done when I woke up and my hangover wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. 

‘When are you working again?’ I asked her after we had finished eating.

‘On Monday, I thought maybe since you have to go practicing I would stay here, it’ll be quiet for me.’

I nodded in understanding ‘Sure that’s ok.  I will talk to the managers about your Korean lessons then.’ I told her.  We had spoken about this and she said she was keen to start them, especially since her work load had been cut in half since moving here, she had more free time. 

‘Last night was fun’ she said taking me a little bit by surprise ‘I didn’t expect there to be so many people’

I looked at her and replied, ‘Neither did I’

‘Are you close with Baekhyun and Chanyeol?’ she asked.  It didn’t escape my notice that she said Baekhyun first.

‘A little, not really like the guys or Jongin, but everyone knows everyone else.  You’ll see, but I didn’t expect Jongin to bring them’. I told her honestly.

‘They’re fun, I like them.  I didn’t know Baekhyun spoke such good English’ she commented.

‘Hmmm, I guess he won’t really need extra lessons then from you’

She gave me a narrowed look and then said ‘I suppose not no, he doesn’t seem like he needs it.  I’m a bit sad I didn’t get to spend more time with Jinki or Minho, I mean that was the point of last night.’

I smiled quite happy at her comment. ‘Me too, but you will don’t worry, I told you they would like you.’

‘I’m glad they speak some English.  But do you think maybe, I don’t have to rush into meeting anyone else straight away, right?  I feel kind of stupid not knowing any Korean at all.’

She looked at me a little shyly, I was surprised, I had not heard her sound worried about meeting people before, and it touched me a little.  If I was honest with myself I was relived she wouldn’t have the whole of Exo all over her right now.

‘Of course, speaking of which, Junmyeon?  You never told me any of that you came out with last night.’ I smirked.

She giggled in embarrassment and covered her face with her hands. 

‘I was a little drunk.  I’m sorry.  I didn’t want to make a big deal of anything so I never told you, not that it really means anything.’

‘It’s fine, I just didn’t expect you to say Junmyeon out of all of Exo’ I told her grinning, enjoying her embarrassment. 

‘I said Jongin and Chanyeol too’ she countered. 

‘Yeah but everyone says Jongin.  The guy makes me sick with his handsomeness’ I told her.

She laughed at my comment. 

‘But I am your Bias, total favourite’ I crooned trying to make her even more embarrassed. 

She smirked, all embarrassment gone, and said ‘You’re my favourite boy in Korea.’ Flirting with me.

‘I guess that makes me your boy then’ I flirted back to her.

She got up and moved around the table to sit in my lap.  I wrapped my arms around her waist as she stroked the hair out of my face looking down at me with nothing but love on her face.

‘I guess it makes you my love’ She whispered. 

 



© 2017 thunderdiamond


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on August 1, 2017
Last Updated on August 2, 2017
Tags: taemin, fanfiction, shinee, kpop, love, angst, smut, romance, drama, korea


Author

thunderdiamond
thunderdiamond

liverpool, United Kingdom



About
28 year old female from Liverpool UK more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by thunderdiamond


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by thunderdiamond