One Last Run

One Last Run

A Story by BossBabe

One last Run

The bed is pulling me in so deep that I can’t breath. The fan is rotating clockwise over and over blowing nothing but hot air; I’m suffocating. My body feels numb I can only feel him over me, only him over me. I close my eyes and fall asleep and that is when I dream. I dream of different souls, a different me, almost like a different world. I can smell my grandma’s baked cake in the oven; my favorite. A noise starlets me, I’m wake.

My body is all sticky and sweaty. I look around and I see nothing its pitch black, except a dim light in the Connor. Before that light goes out I need to escape, I know this. I was a bird trapped in a cage, a women trapped in a abusive relationship, a dog hold back on a leash, a person trapped in a Duggan, me trapped as a victim to a low life sick son of a b***h. I need to fly, run, and escape.

I scurried around looking for the switch; when I found it I turned it on and I saw everything, my bed, the fan, the curtains, and my suitcase. I ran to the closet and yank my clothes from the hangers, at first they didn’t want to budge, one hand, two hands, three hands yanking at my shoulders pulling me down. I threw in all my clothes. I threw my teddy and my blanket. I ran to the room right next to mines, my sisters’ room. Her light was brighter in the Connor; I could see her. I wish I could throw her in my suitcase I wish I could take her. I got on my knees next to her and I cried. Time was flying right by so I kissed her on her cheek and said goodbye.

I went to the door and I looked back. I herd screaming, I herd someone begging, I herd someone pleading for help, I herd my voice in those screams. I tuned around and I ran past the door, past the trees. I fell a couple times but I got up and I ran. It took a couple decades to make it to the gates, then to the streets. My feet scraped the payment I didn’t know where I was going I was just going, away from the dark dreams away from the devil.

I saw a couple people while I was running away. Then bright blue and red lights flashing before my eyes blurring my version. I knew it was the end I got caught. I stood still and absorbed the world around me, it was beautiful, and I realized there was another world besides the one I lived in. I was free no matter where I was going back to. Some people said I looked like a ghost running , others said I was running from something. Albert Camus said "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."

 

© 2015 BossBabe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on April 2, 2015
Last Updated on April 2, 2015
Tags: nightmare, rape, afraid, broken

Author

BossBabe
BossBabe

chicopee, MA



About
Everyone gets to a point in their lifes when you start looking at yourself from the outside and all of sudden your 100 million miles away... Well that's me. Guess you got to read to know more 🤗.. more..

Writing
I do I do

A Story by BossBabe