"She thinks i need her"

"She thinks i need her"

A Poem by RememberMe
"

This is a dialoge between a father and his daughter, in a lyrical form.

"
"Put a smile on your face.
Don't scream stay sane.
Go to the kitchen and put these things away, honey i love you! remember that okay?
Your mom is out working, she'll be home late,
turn your head don't look she'll be home late."
He said "we're making dinner for mommy and her friends"
If only he knew mom's been gone for days.
-"I don't mean to sound morbid, but she was never here to stay. Dad snap out of it!"
"She's just working late"
-"Dad, get out of bed.."
"She's just working late"
-"Dad......"
"she's just working late"
-"Dad, i made dinner."
"Your mom isnt home yet"
-"Dad its been 3 years..."
"She's just working late"

The tears flushed down his face, his smile became crooked with age, he's realized she left him with only shame to bare.
But its too late, its too late now, all his children have left, one by one, each scared to death. He blamed his children for his misery and pain , he claimed it tied him down to a life of ropes and chains. He wasn't one to cook, clean, or even bathe, but even then he wrote letters to his long lost play mate. He's very old now but he dreams with love and bliss from his only love mistake. He figured if he's waited 50 years another 10 wont make a change. His Juliet is only "working late."
His corpse has banished, only dust left to collect. But his last letter reads "i cant believe it, she thinks i need her."





© 2016 RememberMe


Author's Note

RememberMe
Please give some advice!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on August 9, 2016
Last Updated on August 9, 2016
Tags: #father, #daughter, #family, #poem, #complicated, #feedback, #sad, #heartbreaking, #shocked, #stunned

Author

RememberMe
RememberMe

FL



About
Hello I am Leidy and I'm a Lady, I've recently discovered that one of my passions is wrirring. I want to share my ideas with the world one step at a time. more..

Writing