The Knowing of It

The Knowing of It

A Story by Reneé H
"

A short story about the mystery and entirety of love.

"
It's the mystery of it that truly enraptures us, the possibility that this thing can be everything, or nothing at all. The sheer hope of it nearly knocks us off our feet but we stand up and jump in anyways because maybe, just maybe, this could be something.
The love of it, the dream of it, is the lightning in our sails and over and over we take the risk to enjoy many times nonexistent rewards.
That's why it's called falling- because we're jumping in blind, with the weight of past regrets and heartaches strapped tightly to our backs. It is that same weight that propels us harder, faster to our new goal because this time is going to be different. This time is happily ever after.
Sometimes, the fear of it is successful in keeping us stuck at the top of the cliff, but the not knowing will eventually send us over the edge, to find out, to know.
The power of it is magnetic, hipnotic, electric. 
It transcends the powers of evil, of hurt, of destruction because the good of it is better than anything, anywhere. The good of it takes our breath away.
Only one thing can rival the mystery of it, and it's what comes next- the solution, when it's right. The knowing of it, the security of it, the safety found in the warm embrace of it, that's the best of it. That's the heart of it, the everything of it. 
When someone, when the one, catches you at the bottom of your very long fall, and gently removes the weight from your shoulders, that's the beauty of it. It means that if everything in your past was leading you to this knowing, it was all worth it. Everything was always pushing you here, and happily ever after is right on time. 
It brings a peace to your soul that cannot be stolen. It is a treaty between your head and your heart that leaves both satisfied and protected from any future invasion.
It is love, and it is him.
He is brave, he is caring, he is hope. He is the one at the bottom of the fall, wrapping his arms around you in his catch.
He is your heart and soul entangled in a second body and he is the strength you need when you are weak. He is the best friend that rivals all others and he has been and will always be your light in the darkness. 
The knowing of him is the sweetest victory because it is the unity of mind, body and soul in a love so pure it must be right. The knowing of him gives you hope.
It is different for everyone, and everyone struggles at least a little before they discover it. But finally, the knowing of it, the belief in it, adn the power that lies in those things is what will link you together.
The knowing is the hardest to reach.
Once you have the knowing of it, you're one of the lucky ones. You have the warmth of it, the beauty of it, the love of it.
The mystery of it has been finally been solved- it has, is, and will always be him. This, you know.

© 2012 Reneé H


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a very deep and powerful writing and something that I really enjoyed. It's been a while since I have been on and haven't been able to take a look at this until now. You are a very skilled writer and I always enjoy looking at your work.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
1 Review
Added on December 8, 2012
Last Updated on December 8, 2012
Tags: love, heartache, friendship

Author

Reneé H
Reneé H

Missoula, MT



About
My name is Reneé, and I am a college student and aspiring writer. I hope that someday my writing will reach around the world. I definitely have lots to say and I can't wait for more people to r.. more..

Writing
I Am. I Am.

A Story by Reneé H


Rhythm Rhythm

A Poem by Reneé H