Entangled in Forever

Entangled in Forever

A Story by Reneé H
"

Every step I take with you is one step closer to happily ever after.

"

A thunder cloud, an unending despair, but a firm hope that through this unknown our love will prevail. This is what I see when I look into those breathtaking blue eyes. My breath catches in my throat at the thought of losing you and even as the words slip through my unthinking mouth, my heart screams to stop them. To stop everything. To just, stop. And revel in the glory of our journey and the people we have become. The fight is in your eyes but surrender is in mine. Until reality slams me hard in the chest and my pull to you is of a magnet to its other half. Reaching out an arm, a leg, anything I beg to stop this horrible chain of events. The ache in my chest is an ocean as you glare at me through the lens of hurt and rejection, but you are still fighting. You will always fight. Now, its my turn to fight, not for the people we are but the people we were born to become, the people we have been. The picture in your room is a solace for the hope I have in those people and soon my arms wrap around you and surround you with the love you so desperately need. Deep breath. The words I have said are an anchor I finally cut free as we take our fill from each other. The journey we have taken together is the only significant part of me and without it, I'm not the person my destiny had in mind. Neither are you. 8 months ago we both discovered what had been there all along: our hearts are, and will always be, entangled.

A victory dance, a glorious ecstasy, a firm knowing that through anything this crazy world throws at us, our love will prevail. This is what is seen in both of our eyes as we wrap our hearts back around each other, no longer afraid of loss. There is so much of you that is reflected in me, and so much of me reflected in you, that without each other we don't make sense. Before you, I didn't make sense. In my past, my heart has been stolen from me, robbed without being given a fighting chance. But then you came, and I gave my heart willingly, knowing it would be cherished and loved for decades to come.

Before you, I was determined to breathe on my own, to defy the laws of nature and reach my own surface. But I was drowning and what you have given me is life, a surface I was to afraid to dream of. My heart has always been entangled with yours.

A shining hope, a never-ending smile, a ray of happy after all the darkness. This is what I see as the sun effortlessly streaks your face as you lean in close and kiss my cheek, your lips parting just slightly, your hands resting on the sides of my face. I smile. We move away from the kiss and settle into our spots- me on the hammock and you in the fancy lounge chair. You stretch your arms back and your face to the sun as I watch, mesmerized by your stunning features. Today is a good day- for me, for you, for us. You catch me watching you and smirk. “What are you looking at?” You say with that gorgeous smile of yours, and I smile back. “You,” I say easily, and with that I turn my face away to gaze up at the sky. Before I know it, you have eased out of the lounge chair and are standing over me, a hint of a smile touching your face. And then, you're tickling me and as giggles escape from my lips I find myself in pure and unimaginable bliss. The hammock sways as I move from your tickles, and then we are both a pile of silly giggles.

This is us, or a picture of us. A picture I cherish and crave every day of my life. The essence of us is found in this picture and without it we are drowning. We found land today- all it took was a little bit of this.

Life gets complicated outside of this picture, but as long as we always find our way back to here, to bliss, we will always have each other. This I promise you. Mt heart will always be entangled with yours.

© 2013 Reneé H


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is sweetly romantic. I liked it! I think a little more spacing though and it would be easier to read. Just a thought...take care.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 24, 2013
Last Updated on August 24, 2013
Tags: love, romance, friendship, relationships, happiness

Author

Reneé H
Reneé H

Missoula, MT



About
My name is Reneé, and I am a college student and aspiring writer. I hope that someday my writing will reach around the world. I definitely have lots to say and I can't wait for more people to r.. more..

Writing
I Am. I Am.

A Story by Reneé H


Rhythm Rhythm

A Poem by Reneé H


Forever Forever

A Poem by Reneé H